TWENTY-FIVE

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
' AND OLD MEN
SHOULD TRAVEL
TO
SWITZERLAND . '

Eddie closed her eyes for a moment, bringing a hand to massage her head as she let out a slow breath. Arguments flared up around her as her siblings erupted into sided warfare. Her eyes drooped slightly, and she rubbed her eyes, stifling a yawn. However, silence settled throughout the room as Vanya descended the stairs.

'I'm leaving,' she stated, leaving no room for argument, the others turning to face her as Eddie kept her back turned, pushing her hair away from her face.

'What? To go where?'

'Sissy's farm. Something is wrong with Harlan, and I need to help him.' Vanya fiddled with her fingers as Eddie half-turned, her eyes staying on the ground.

'Vanya, we need to stick together, okay?' Luther moved forward. 'Now, more than ever.'

'That's why I'm telling you this. Whatever's going on with Harlan, I think I might've caused it.'

'How?'

'He drowned,' Vanya sighed out. 'and, uh, somehow I was able to bring him back to life.' Eddie squinted slightly, her eyes flickering between two spaces on the ground. 'Now it's like we're connected.'

'What does that even mean?' Everyone's eyes flickered from Vanya to Eddie and Five, who both were focusing on the ground, emotionless as they thought it over.

'I don't know. I can't, but I know that he needs my help. I need your help, too, I don't wanna do it alone. I want my family by my side,' Vanya finished, and Eddie looked away. Silence filled the room, and she closed her eyes as she swayed slightly.

'Look, I'm sorry. We have other priorities right now.' Diego's voice filled her ears, and Eddie furrowed her brows.

'Diego's right.' Five's voice followed, and Eddie ran her tongue over her teeth. 'For once. We need to make our stand here and now.' Quietness returned as Eddie drummed her fingers against her leg.

'Okay, I guess I'll see you when I see you.' Even Eddie could feel the dejected tone as she shut the door behind her. She did not move for a moment before running her tongue over her teeth, turning. She glanced at her siblings before moving to the door.

'Where are you going? Ed!' She stopped as her hand lingered on the door handle. She faced the entrance as her eyes flickered to the side of her.

'I don't have much less to lose, but I'd rather spend my last moments - if what you're dramatizing is true - with a sibling that would go to the ends of the earth for me; for all of us. I don't care about Kennedy. I don't care about the FBI or the Secret Service. What's happened has happened, and I'm not going to let my sister face the unknown on her own.' Silence followed her words, and she pulled open the door. The pressure disappeared from her hand, and her eyes flickered to meet Klaus' as he wore a lop-sided smirk.

'Come on, sis.' He smiled, and her lips twitched. They exited the apartment, and Eddie leaned against the car, knocking on the window. Vanya's face lit up as she caught Eddie's presence.

'You forgot your bag.' Vanya let out a sigh, looking to her lap as her heart lowered. The door behind her opened and Klaus hopped into the car. 'Wow, the bag can move.' Vanya and Klaus let out a burst of laughter as Eddie pulled open the door and fell into the seat, kicking her legs up onto the dashboard.

'Ooo, a family road trip,' Klaus cheered as Eddie's eyes flickered outside the window. Diego and Allison climbed into the back and a small smirk formed on Eddie's face.

'Got room for two more?'

Vanya took a double-take. 'What about The Commission?'

'Well, might as well do some good before we die horribly,' Diego responded as Five pulled open Eddie's door. Her eyes flickered to him for a moment before moving back, her smirk widening.

'You knew this would happen, didn't you?' he asked as he leaned against the door.

Eddie pursed her lips as she shrugged. 'I whipped out the guilt card, I admit, but no, I hypothesized. Good to know you've become sentimental, dear.' Five rolled his eyes.

Vanya smiled. 'Five, you don't have to.' She shook her head.

'I know, you owe me one, sis.' His eyes flickered to Eddie. 'Children ride in the back.' Eddie lifted her hand and flicked up her middle finger, staring straight ahead.

'And old men should travel to Switzerland,' she replied, dropping her hand.

Five narrowed his eyes as he sighed. 'You could at least move up.'

Eddie pursed her lips. 'I suppose I could.' She lifted her legs, hugging them to her chest as five rolled his eyes, moving to sit in the middle of Vanya and Eddie.

'Guys, I don't know what to say.' Vanya shook her head as she shifted to stare at her siblings. The car shook as Luther clambered into the back. Eddie tried to hide a smile.

'Anyone makes a fat joke, and I'm outta here.' Luther warned, and Eddie let out a small laugh.

'I thought you were supposed to discourage me.'