20

"I wish I had a love like theirs." You pointed to the couple on the TV.

Your stepmom laughed. "Oh, you will baby. Just wait and see."

"I don't really have many options."

Her smile faded a bit. "I know, but one day I promise you'll have too many options you'll miss the days when it was just you with us here at home."

"So that means I'll be able to live in the city someday?"

"Oh, I'm sure of it. One day you'll be able to live wherever you want."

"I'm gonna live somewhere with a beach. I'll have a huge house and someone who loves me as much as you and mom love each other."

"I really hope you do baby. You deserve it."

----------------------------------------------------

 The next few days of class were spent prepping for the provisional licensing exam. Your classmates had continued developing their ultimate moves, and you utilized that time to work on your own skills. 

The day before, You and Todorki had actually worked together for a short amount of time. You showed him some of the moves you had learned with your fire and he attempted to help you use your water manipulation as a way to turn water into ice. 

Bakugou and you spent a good amount of time comparing explosions. He always got pissed whenever yours was bigger.

But he was pretty smug whenever he realized that you were unable to control the size of your explosions. You hadn't had the time to work on that ability so all you could do was shoot a blast from your hand and hope for the best.

He helped you learn to shoot smaller blasts and create more accurate trajectories for the explosions. You still weren't amazing at the control aspect yet, but it was better than before.

On the final day of training, you spent more of your time watching the other students. Most of them had perfected their move and were gearing up for the test. 

Kaminari had made adjustments to his costume that gave his electricity an extreme power boost. Kirishima had been working on making his body even harder whenever he needed to, and Midoriya's fighting style seemed to change from only using his leg for attacks, to using his entire body.

Towards the end of the class, you walked to the top of the area where Bakugou was training.

"Can I see your move? From the way you've been talking about it, it better be good."

He smiled and lifted his arm. Without looking away from you, he shot a blast directly into a large chunk of cement. The blast was structured, and it was continuous. It shot a hole through the cement.

"AP Shot."

You raised an eyebrow. "Not bad."

But the cement began to crack, and a large piece of it began falling to the ground. 

All Might and Aizawa were standing beneath it. Bakugou rushed to the side. "Hey! Watch out!"

All Might look up but there was no way he'd be able to dodge it.

Then someone shot through the air and kicked the object so hard it broke into bits.

Midoriya landed on the ground and Kaminari and Kirishima came running up to him, All Might was smiling proudly. 

The proud expression on Bakugous face melted away and he began walking back towards you. 

All Might's voice came from below. "Sorry for the scare young Bakugou!"