Gambling | Levi x Reader

Prompt- Levi helps Reader at gambling
Idk anything about poker so we're gonna do uno lol

'A green or a six...' You mumbled to yourself. You had somehow been roped into playing Uno. The most kid-friendly game ever- besides the fact that you were gambling, and screaming was a constant. You hesitantly laid down a red six, changing the color. Jean and Connie let out audible complaints in the form of groans.

Connie's face grew angry as he pick a card up from the pile but changed when he laid it down with a satisfied grin. Jean laid down another card and soon it was Sasha's turn. She was what made the game hardest. She seemed to have every type of special card in every color imaginable. She was unpredictable and honestly made you nervous every time it was her turn. You knew when she glanced around the table that disaster was about to strike. In an epic and dramatic way, she whipped a card out of her one hand and laid it on the pile.

A draw four.

She smirked as Jean nudged her discreetly.

"You were supposed to place down a blue 3" Jean hissed.

He looked up at you, making sure you hadn't heard but you had. You glared at both of them. They, being Jean and Sasha, started to laugh at you. Connie snickered a little beside you, he obviously being a part of the scandal too. Soon a screaming match broke out. Each of you had placed most of your money as well as two weeks worth of rations on the line- winner taking all. The bickering went back and forth, getting louder and louder without fail. The noise only stopped when the door to the room slammed open, the captain in the doorway.

"What the hell is the purpose for all the noise? It's 8 o'clock at night and most people are getting ready for bed but here you are screaming like a bunch of bratty toddlers."
Levi glanced around, inspecting each person before they landed on you.

His eyebrows scrunched a little when they saw your watery eyes. You needed not only your money but any extras your could get. Your mother struggled back home and you planned to send it to her, wanting to help in any way. The argument had made you emotional. The thought of being penniless and not having anything to offer your mother broke your heart. She was kind and deserved the world. Levi knew this. He knew you sent everything to her. Money, food, extra clothing, and when you didn't have anything you'd send a long and heartfelt letter apologizing and promising more next month. Your mother, being the loving person she was, always brushed it off, claiming she didn't want anything from you.

"What's the problem?" He said, getting serious and wanting to know the reason that his beloved was almost in tears.

"I-well-we you s-see uh-captain-" Jean stuttered out, trying to work around it somehow.

Everyone knew that you were together. And everyone knew that'd get their asses beat for causing you any physical or emotional distress, the latter being the case right now.

"T-They well we w-where gambling-ing and I put e-ev-everything on t-the line and they're the-cheating Levi." You explained, the constant hiccups and stutters in your speech due to your state.

Levi listened patiently and when you were done he glared at the other three.

"Fine then I'll help," he said.

Everyone sat back down. Jean, Connie, and Sasha were on edge. You sat back in your seat, Levi standing behind your right shoulder so he was able to see your cards. The game started up again and Levi would wait for you to choose a card. If he agreed he nodded and if not he shook his head slightly before pointing to the one he suggested, you following of course, and doing what he recommended.

After another ten minutes of near silence, with only a few breaks when someone groaned or cheered slightly, your voice broke the invisible barrier.

"UNO!" you called cheerfully.

The turn went around the table again and soon it's was Sasha's turn. Please, You thought, please be what I need. Sasha looked at you, and then to Levi- a visible shudder went through her before she chose a card and laid it down. Your heart burst. A yellow seven.

"YES!" You nearly screamed.

You quickly laid down your green seven.

"I WIN!"

You pulled all the money in the middle of the table towards you greedily, looking back to look at Levi. He had a slight smile on his face.

After you all had left and gone back to your rooms, you followed Levi. He sat at his chair behind his desk.

"Thank you for earlier." You said and he hummed in response, meaning he didn't mind.

"You know... For someone who needs money, you sure are pretty risky when getting it," he commented.

"I know. It's just I need it and felt a little desperate."

"Y/n I don't want you to worry about your mother anymore. I'll take care of her. Focus on yourself okay?"

"But I-"

"No buts darling. It's no problem. After all, I have to butter her up somehow. What's better than financially covering her and her daughter? I love you. So please, let me do this."

You stayed quiet for a while. You really didn't want to burden Levi. He had enough on his plate with being Captain, especially with those in his squad.

"Fine but only if you promise to not go over the top. Deal?"

"Deal."

The two of you compromised as you moved to the bedroom. After your gambling you felt tired, crying must have taken a lot out of you. Levi followed of course, though he wouldn't go to bed till much later. He had a habit of doing work next to you in bed while you fell asleep though this time he had nothing in hand when he joined you in bed.

"No work?" You asked.

"Not tonight." He answered.

You hummed and closed your eyes, curling up next to him.

"Hey, Levi?"

"Hm?" Came his response.

"Why did Sasha tremble when she looked over at us?"

"Let's just say she knew what to do." He spoke discreetly.

In truth, Levi knew everyone's cards. He knew what Sasha held. Sasha knew that he knew too. That is why when it was her turn she looked at him. She could either stop Y/n or let her win. One glance at the Captain gave her her answer: Losing the game was better than whatever punishment he would give her for laying a different card.

Levi had known that without him, Y/n would've lost. But that didn't matter to him. He was gonna be by her side forever so it didn't matter what she'd be able to do it on her own. If she needed it, Levi would help and support her.

And he'll be damned before he lets her fail alone.

A/n- any suggestions or scenarios that I should write?