~Chapter 21~

Scarlett's POV

Giovanie and I walked for a while with Pluto till we  spot Mariaya's.The café is owned by an elderly lady whom is very sweet and welcoming.We walked through the door and the bell above our heads jingle indicating our arrival.

I walk straight towards the counter and order a hot chocolate with whipped cream and marshmallows.Giovanie stareed at the menu longingly and I rolled my eyes and too order him a hot chocolate.The girl that took our orders smiled at me and I smiled back.I walked to the last table and took a seat.I sat Pluto next to me with Giovanie across from us.

"So what's going on with Lucien?"I asked as waitresses put our drinks in front of us.I took a long savory sip and felt my belly get warm.

"What do you mean?"he questioned.

"Well he has been acting all bitchy like his on his man periods and he has been ignoring my calls,I guess,"I told him and rolled my eyes.

"He is always like that,maybe not for you but it's normal for all of us.And as for where he is,he's handling some business in Italy,"he looked down at his hot chocolate and hesitantly took a sip.

"What haven't you had hot chocolate before?"I snorted and he looked at me with irritation in his eyes.

"No,"he said and I just nodded,feeling bad for making a joke like that.It really made one wonder what kind of backstories these people had.We finished our drinks and payed.

As we were going to the exit I saw a man dressed in a suit looking at us and holding his phone infront of him.I nudged Giovanie with my elbow and discreetly nodded my head to the stranger.

He looked at the man and grabbed my arm.I grabbed Pluto's leash tighter and we exited.Moments later when we were out the café,it exploded into flames and my eyes widened into saucers.I let out a scream as we were blown to the ground.I felt Giovanie grab me before my head hit the ground.Someone was after us again and this this time,Lucien wasn't here to come rescue me.

I stood up off the ground and dusted myself off.I looked around and saw pluto laying in a bush not far from me.Giovanie nudged me forward and I grabbed Pluto's leash as we ran.We ran in the direction of the estate.Pluto was going too slow so I picked him up and ran.Giovanie already had his gun out and loaded it.

I looked over my shoulder and saw a sports car driving full speed towards us.I leaped to the side just as the car went flying past us.The same man I saw in the café sticked his head out of the window and bullets started flying.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and dialed Lucien's number.He didn't pick up.I shouted as I redailed the number again.Adrenaline was pumping through my body but I felt so useless and vulnerable in that situation.

"Fucking hell.Pick up the phone Lucien!"I screamed into the phone.Giovanie was already firing bullets and I was ducking behind a bar.I saw a pistol peaking out of Giovanie's pants so I grabbed it and made sure it was loaded.The car swerved in our direction once again and I aimed at the tires.I prayed that it atleast did some damage.

I pulled the trigger but it missed.I groaned in frustration and did it again.This time it punctured the wheel and the car swerved into a light pole.Giovanie's head snapped towards me and I gave him a sheepish smile.I then dialed Lucien's number again.I really need him to answer the phone.These guys were catching up to us on foot.

"This number is currently not reachable please try later.This number is cu-"I groaned in frustration and ended the call.I looked up and saw Giovanie laying sprawled out on the ground.Just as I was about to scream something connected with my head and I heard Pluto bark viciously from beside me.

"Go to sleep,suka,"A thick Russian voice cooed as darkness tried to envelop me.My head ached severly and I helplessly succumbed to the bottomless pit of darkness.