Chapter 27: Just Pink Not Pretty

"The Ministry has really outdone themselves this time," Aaron grumbled, walking out of the Great Hall doors

"Why is it always the Defense Against the Dark Arts teachers?" Rey wondered aloud, and Cedric just replied with a shrug.

Amora wasn't exactly paying attention to Ned's rant about the new teacher, Dolores Umbridge. Instead, she noticed two patches of sleek black and pale blonde hair, stalking towards the Slytherin dungeon.

"Be right back," Amora said, before running over to the Slytherin group.

She slipped past the confused first years and nearly tripped over a third year Ravenclaw before grabbing her cousin and little brother's robes by the neck.

"Hey, what the" Tyler started, but Amora had already pulled them to the side of the Grand Staircase.

"No letters all summer! What was that all about?" Amora snapped, glaring down at her younger brother.

"Nothing! God, what are you, my mum?" Tyler hissed, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Well someone has to be!" Amora shouted.

"If we're on the topic of mothers, then might I add," Draco started.

"Stay out of this!" Amora and Tyler yelled at Draco who simply rolled his eyes, clearly unfazed.

"Wait..." Amora said, thinking, "What about Bellatrix?"

"He never mentioned her name," Tyler snapped, gesturing to Draco.

"But he clearly meant to. Tyler, has she visited you?" Amora questioned, panicked.

"More than that, she moved into my room," Draco pouted.

"Shut up, Draco! You know she'll tell the blood traitors," Tyler hissed, and Draco lowered his head.

"She's at Malfoy Manor?" Amora practically screamed, eyebrows raised.

"You can't tell anyone," Tyler said sternly, narrowing his eyes at Amora.

"Who? You mean my blood traitors?" Amora spat, giving Tyler a dirty look.

"Yes! Exactly! And you know why you can't? Because she's our mum," Tyler snapped.

"She's no mother of mine."

"Your blood says otherwise. You're a pure blood, and whether you like it or not, you also have her blood. Shouldn't that be worth some of your loyalty?"

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

"Cassie, can we talk for a quick second?" Amora asked, leaning over her shoulder. Cassie was currently in a very intense wizard chess match with Cedric, but she stood up and followed Amora without any hesitation.