Chapter 12: Songs II

"And suddenly all the love songs were about you."

                                                                          -Anonymous

Your blue eyes were wide, chest heaving as you watched the creature before you cradle his face, green blood pouring from his nose as he stared at you wide-eyed with shock as if he hadn't been expecting your attack.

You'd been angry since you'd learned about the mark on your finger. Jimin only served to make your mood even more sour than before...Honestly, you'd been searching for an opportunity to punch something so, when you saw the siren that had been the cause of your frustration, you did what any normal person would.

You punched him straight in his face. Hard.

You hoped that he was in pain. You prayed that he was suffering just as much as he had made you suffer, maybe even more.

As much as you would have loved to stay and watch him continue to groan in pain, you didn't think it would be safe to stay here.

"Never allow yourself to fight an opponent on their terms, it gives them the advantage. You're good, but no matter how good you may be, if you're fighting a man, he will always be stronger than you. You just need to worry about being better not stronger."

Hoseok's words rang in your ears as your eyes narrowed.

You took a step backwards, sending the man a harsh glare, mentally taking note of the fact that the pain in your head was now replaced with a dull ringing.

"Stay away from me." You spat, instantly defensive. "I don't know who you think you are, but I won't hesitate to end your-"

You yelped out as something long and scaly brushed against your ankles, causing you to jump in shock.

Jungkook watched you with an amused smile on his face, his body moving closer to yours as he straightened up, wiping his green blood from his face.

That's when you noticed it.

His tail was the color of midnight.

The dark blue scales glistened underneath the clear water that currently enveloped the two of you. His tail was long, longer than you had originally anticipated. When you thought of sirens, you thought of The Little Mermaid or something, but his tail was thinner and far more flexible than you had previously imagined.

The dark blue scales were scattered in various spots on his body as well, a few on his cheek and some on his shoulders. His ears were pointed almost like an elf and is bright blue eyes were accentuated by small gems that rested on the corners of his eyelids. A string of pearls were wrapped around his right bicep, the jewels shining in the sunlight.

He would have been beautiful...if he weren't such a dick.

"You struck me." He said.

Your face fell as you backed away, searching for the quickest way to get out of this situation without forcing an actual fight out of him.

"Oh my bad," You started sarcastically. "I guess you're allergic to getting punched in the face. Weird."

You weren't stupid.

Your body couldn't move like his could in the water. Your strikes would be useless as well as your running. He'd catch you if you tried to escape without a plan...then, your actions would have only served to anger him and show him that he had the advantage on you.

You couldn't act scared...You could only try your best to be smart in a situation like this.

Jungkook seemed to be amused your words, but only for a moment.