FORTY

THIRD PERSON.

After Corbyn and Kai had arrived at the party just over two hours ago, Kai was quick to be welcomed into the big friend group and she was soon introduced to all of Corbyn's family and the other families that had been there.

And after she had met everyone, people had already grown a huge liking to the girl. Constantly stealing her away from Corbyn so that they could have some time with her, and even though he was slightly jealous, he let it side because he knew she needed those connections.

So when it was 15 minutes to midnight, the group gathered round the main room of the party, desperately waiting for the year to come to an end and start a new, fresh chapter.

"So who do you like best?" Corbyn asked Kai, putting his arm around her as she glanced around the room.

"Ashley." Kai replied, noticing the offended look on his face, "I told you, Ashley is my favourite."

"But i'm your boyfriend," he frowned, "She's not dating you."

"I wish she-"

"Watch it." Corbyn interrupted her, raising his eyebrows before the two let out small laughs, "Do you like Nezza?"

"Oh definitely," Kai nodded, "We're so similar."

"I told you," he smiled, "What about Daniel?"

"I've met Daniel before." She furrowed her eyebrows slightly.

"But you didn't know each other well," He shrugged.

"Well, he's very funny." Kai told the boy, "He also seems to care about you a lot."

"Yep," Corbyn slowly nodded, "What did he say to you?"

"He kept thanking me," she shrugged before folding her arms, "It was weird but yeah, I like him he's nice. Although my favourite is Jack."

"Jack?"

"Literally me as a guy," Kai laughed, "We're so funny together."

"I told you it wouldn't be as bad as you though," he shrugged and let out a sigh of relief, "Everyone literally loves you, as I said they would. There was nothing to worry about."

"I thought that they'd think I was weird," Kai replied, "Because I come from a place that no one knows and I don't know any of the trendy stuff."

"Well now you can know shit." The boy kissed her forehead, "Although Jason won't stop texting me."

"Why?"

"Keeps asking if you're safe," Corbyn shook his head, "He still hates me but it's whatever."

"Yeah well he just needs to let it go," Kai looked up at the boy, "Also you look really good tonight."

"Thank you very much," he said with a smile growing on his face, "So do you."

"Ashley looks bett-"

"Stop it," Corbyn frowned before he laughed slightly, wrapping his arms around Kai and pulling her in for a hug, placing another kiss on her head, "Stop being mean to me."