Chapter 26-enemies

Our plan was to move stealthily into the inner city and meet Erwin there.
However, the plan would soon go wrong.

Our move to the inner city, was smooth until we entered the wall. There it was quiet.
Too quiet.
I couldn't help but feel like we were being watched. I motioned to my eyes to Levi.
He nodded. Did that mean he felt it too? Like we were being watched by unseen eyes.
We kept moving. Then Levi told us to alight to the roofs. We did so, using our ODM gear.
That's when our enemies struck.
Bullets whizzed past our ears and I pushed Eren aside, and motioned for him to run. They had to be after him and Historia. Levi nodded.
We had a meeting point and then we split.
I didn't want to leave Eren, but if they captured me as well they would have both Titan shifters in their grasp. I went with Levi. Not that I had much of a choice, he grabbed me and we whooshed away at a cheetah speed into the air. He was very graceful, using the ODM gear like a pair of wings. I wasn't as graceful but followed like they were wings too.
Bullets still whizzed past us.
The Levi's shout broke through the silence of us moving and the whizzing and gunshots. "Kenny!!!!!" He screamed.
Who the hell was Kenny?
I moved pushing him to the side as someone moved behind him, he tossed a sword in the direction of a man, and I had moved him out of the way of a bullet, that narrowly missed me.
It was close, the sword almost hit the man-who I assumed was Kenny.
"Wow, Levi, got a looker on your team now huh?" The man-Kenny said, but myself and Levi didn't stop to chat, instead we ran.
We carried on, stopping once to pant and check our gas. We running low. We ducked into a bar, hiding behind the bar itself.
Levi asked the bartender to keep quiet that we were there.
Silence reigned from outside.
Then we heard Kenny speak from outside.
"Come on Levi, I know you and that sweet piece are in there. It would be better for you to give yourselves up."
We didn't reply. I motioned to Levi that he probably has the whole bar surrounded. He nodded and motioned to go fast when he gave the signal. I shook my head. He needed to get away and find the others. If they were after him, they wouldn't know who I was yet. I would sing and pretend I was a singer in the bar, while he got away.
He shook his own head.
"Now Levi we can either do this the easy way or the hard way." Kenny called. We moved.
We moved to the stairs and climbed them. Levi used a spoon pinched from behind the bar, to see out a window. How he managed to do it without them seeing was amazing.
"Levi. Come on is this how you great family?"
I raised an eyebrow. Family?
Levi mouthed "not now." I nodded. He pointed to the window at the end of the corridor and then to the one we were near. I understood. I was to go one way and he the other.
I waited. Poised ready to jump and fly. He motioned to move and we flew in opposite directions.
They opened fire on us.
I danced in the air, bullets flying past and not grazing me. I managed to get away and lead most of them away from Levi, I just hoped he would be alright.
I carried on, finding a narrow crook that I fit inside, even with my ODM gear and crouched low in the darkness.
As I crouched stilling my fast beating heart and trying to slow the pants, I listened. I couldn't hear them, then I heard boots and a voice.
"She's gone." There they were. "She must have slipped down one of these alleys. Go that way." Clearly this person was with Kenny. Then the sound of running boots and ODM gear. I breathed a quiet sigh of relief. Slowly and cautiously I backed up, then turned and ran in the opposite direction they had gone. I saved the little gas I had in case I had to run again.
Soon I made it to where we were going to meet in a case such as this.
I was happy to see Jean, Connie, Sasha and Historia, and then Eren, Mikasa and Armin. But no Levi.
I motioned for Levi, using how he held his cup.
They shook their heads.
"What are we going to do?" Armin said quietly.
I shrugged. We had to get to Erwin that much was clear, however with that lot out there we were sitting ducks. And we would be out of gas soon.
A swift knock at the door stilled is, I cautiously peeked through an inch of the door and opened it quicker than I would have imagined. Levi stood there and darted inside closing the door behind him. I could see him counting in his head. And then seemed relieved we were all there.
"Good." He looked worse for wear, blood coated his forehead. Had he been shot?
He saw my questioning look and shook his head. "Graze." He grunted.
Then he said. "We need to rest. I overheard their plans. They want Yeager and Reiss." Historia and Eren. As I thought.
"What for I don't know. But Reiss, what about your father?"
Historia seemed shocked. "Never saw him after my mother was killed." She replied.
"Well I think he has hired Kenny and his goons to get you and Eren." Levi said.
"We need a plan." He added. I had one, but for it to be explained I needed to talk.
I sighed and took a deep breath.
"We need decoys." I said, voice rasping. "Some people need to pretend to be Eren and Historia and lead them away from a second team with the real ones."
They seemed happy I had spoken and then what I said sunk in.
"No." Eren said. "No one is getting hurt because of me."
"It's the only thing we have right now." Levi said. He looked at me. "Could you be a Historia?" He asked.
"Yes sir." I said. Eren tried to object. But I silenced him with a look.
Jean would be my Eren, and that way we could lead them away. Armin would be with the real ones and Mikasa would be with the fake ones. She didn't like this, but relented. Connie and Sasha would follow us on the rooftops.

We set into motion.
Unfortunately Jean and I got caught and taken to a warehouse.
We were tied up and the goons were waiting for someone, who we didn't know. What I did know is if these twerps didn't stop touching my body I was going to nut them with my head.
Or punch them in another more vulnerable part of their bodies. Jean acted as though Eren would. Shouting at them to stop touching my body.
He just had to keep it up and I had to be like Historia though every nerve meant I was wanting to hit them.
The groped my breasts and I fought the urge to hurt them. I just whimpered instead.
Jean fought against his bonds as he was made to watch me being assaulted. They had gotten as far as joking about whether the boss would mind if the good were spoiled.
I knew what they meant and one even had the cajones to lift my skirt. One I had borrowed. And they laid me on the floor. I thrashed wildly as they did so, putting an effort to fight back. Jean too fought hard.
When their trouser began to come down I squeezed my eyes shut crossing my legs and clenching them tight together.
They laughed at my attempt. At this point I wished someone could save me before I was raped. I could fight back but right now with my hands bound to my sides I couldn't do much to fight.
"Leave her alone!" Jean yelled. He was fighting frantically.
But it didn't stop them.
I feared that Levi and the others would be too late.

I was right. I lay still. They had succeeded in spoiling the goods. Jean has screamed himself hoarse and now he too lay limp on the floor. I felt filthy. They hadn't cleaned me up and I lay there, my eyes wide as they laughed.

But their laughter seemed less. Was I imagining it?
Another less a few seconds later. And then we both saw them. Levi and Mikasa. They had arrived, late but arrived but they didn't look too happy.
They had tortured to ask who had hired him. We had been right it was Historia's father. We could understand why he would want Historia but why Eren.
And then when they had killed him they freed us. I hurriedly covered myself up, refusing to speak about it until afterwards.
Jean was concerned but he didn't want to talk about it either.
"They've been taken." Levi said. "Yeager and Reiss. They got them."
My heart sank lower than it had done.