54

He woke with a terrified cry and covered his eyes, unable to stop himself from sobbing. George jolted awake beside him and scrambled to sit up. His wings were sparking with small flames that would put themselves out.

" Dream? Dream? Are you okay? What's wrong? " he asked worriedly, taking Dream's face in his hands and turning him to face him. Dream stiffened, his heart racing. It was almost weird to not see George with the neon blue in his dark hair, but Dream was glad to not see any.

" I- I'm fine. I ju-just had a nightm-mare. " He stammered out, wiping his eyes before wrapping his arms tightly around George. The Brit wheezed as the air was knocked out of his lungs.

" Dream. You're crushing me. " He coughed out. Dream let go quickly and George started laughing, but the blonde had a look of horror on his face. George stopped laughing and frowned. Why was he so on edge?

" It was a joke, hon. Take it easy. " he said softly as he patted Dream. Dream slumped in his spot, hiding his face in his arms. He shuddered and sniffled, still too shaken to process it was just a harmless nightmare. Harmless. They couldn't hurt him or the ones he loved now.

" Want to talk about it? " George pried gently. Dream shook his head frantically. Even if that were the case, No one should know. No one needs to know. " A-Alright. " George said nothing more, instead letting Dream cling to him.

When Eret had finally sat up from his pile of blankets he stretched and barely took one look at Dream's tear stained face before fussing. " Dream? What's the matter, buddy? What happened? Are you okay? " He kept asking. The blonde was almost sure his ears were ringing. He just needed them to stop asking questions.

He quickly shoved both of them away with a distressed look in his eyes. " Stay away. You don't want to know what I've become. " He hissed before realizing he was only quoting his dream, causing him to panic even more. The two looked between each other in confusion.

" What? What you have become? " George repeated, squinting at him.

He took a tight grip on his ears and growled through his clenched teeth, trying to get the tiny, high-pitched, agitating voice out of his head. He quickly stood up. " I'm going for a walk. Don't follow. " He stated plainly. He then tried to remember what direction the trails had been in. He didn't stick around long enough for George or Eret to argue.

He slowly began to follow the path he created in his head. He paused at a certain band of trees and turned sharply. He followed that trail with a lazy sigh. He approached the familiar throng of bushes that circled that one, god-forsaken clearing.

Warning: Dead animals. I know this bothers some people.

He froze up with fear, debating pushing through them. After a moment of hesitation he did so, his tail flicking anxiously. He had his eyes shut tight, he slowly opened one.

He wanted to be sick.

In each place where Sapnap, George, and Eret had been in for his nightmare, were a rabbit, bird, and a mouse. It wouldn't have bothered him normally. Patches brought home dead shit all the time.

But this was pushing his sanity a tad too far.

He heard the bush rustle and whipped around with terror, only to realize it was Patches. She seemed to pause, obviously shocked to see her owner there.

She then gave a guilty meow and averted her gaze. Dream sighed. Of course his cat was the cause of the slaughter of the innocent woodland creatures.

He then turned back to the animals. He noticed the positions they were laying in and felt bile rise up his throat. He turned his head away.

The bird lay flat on its back, the rabbit faced away from him, and the mouse lay on its stomach.

Warning's over.

It all felt too familiar. Surely this was a bad omen.

The world really just wasn't having it with him today, huh?

He glared at Patches and swiftly left the clearing, feeling slightly dizzy. He slowed once he reached the thinning trees. There he spotted Sapnap's house and frowned. He wanted to talk to the noirette, but he also didn't. He couldn't trust himself.

He shuddered and turned away. The imp stared at the snow covered ground, kicking some up everytime he took a step. He followed the familiar trees back to the land of the dead, seeing George clinging to Eret with a worried expression.

Dream hesitated. Was George really that upset? He slowly walked over and sat down in front of George, who did a double take before launching himself on him, causing Dream to flinch in surprise.

" I- I'm sorry if I upset you! I didn't mean to be pushy. I just was so worried! I've never seen you so.. So broken over a nightmare. " George word vomited, hugging Dream tight and continuing to ramble.

" Woah- George it's okay, it's okay. " Dream couldn't help but exclaim before soothing the angel. He smoothed his ruffled white feathers and shushed him gently.

Eret sighed. " Yeah, you were obviously pretty freaked out by your nightmare. " He added.

" And for a good reason. " He growled grimly, his wings starting to heat up. George patted him. He chuckled softly. " I found Patches' hide out while I was on my walk. I suppose she stores her... food there. " He worded carefully, furrowing his eyebrows.

George gagged playfully. " I suppose the cat needs to eat. " He joked. Dream rolled his eyes but forced a small smile onto his face.

" Yeah I guess so. " He agreed quietly. 

Hi y'all!
Winter break is practically here and I'm bursting with excitement. 

Tho, I'm also pretty tired. 

At least I might be able to get some ( Better ) sleep during break.

I also drew me! ( Or well my mc character ) And I'm somewhat happy with the result for once 

*Happy Moony noises*

Love y'all!!!

Moony <3