Part Seven: Trader

"Theo, please tell me you've gotten somewhat farther?" Hans asks as he sits down in the lounge chair and he instructs me to sit on the arm of the chair.

I sit down and he keeps his hand on my waist while Theo begins to speak.

"I've gotten halfway through the fourth lock, but the process has definitely slowed down." He responds. "As long as you're still moving," Hans says.

"I just got a call from your brother," Theo says.

"What does he want?" Hans asks. "He's prepared for our return. He's got a safe house ready in Germany." Theo says.

"What part?" Karl asks. "I don't know, he said he'd send the coordinates once we take off," Theo says.

"Perfect," Hans says with a devilish smirk.

"And who is this?" Theo asks as he points to me. "One of the hostages. Scarlett Schafer." Hans says. "And why are you running around with a hostage?" Theo asks, skeptical of me.

"Weil Diese Geisel Deutsch sprechen kann und die Codes Zu diesem Tresor hat." (because this hostage can speak german and has the codes to that vault.) I say and I see everyone's face go white.

"What did you just say?" Hans and Theo ask at the same time. "Takagi gave me the codes to the two that you're working on but I don't know the last two codes. However, I do know that the last code should be a mix of all 7 codes." I say.

"I could've given you the codes hours ago if you had just told me the plan," I say with a smirk.

"Holy shit Hans, you got lucky with this one," Theo says and I smile. "I used to work with this vault all the time," I say as I take a seat next to Theo. I punch in the codes without hesitation.

I knew what I was doing betrayed everybody that was on that 30th floor but I loved Hans, and that conquered all.

I quickly punch in the three seven-digit codes. The three locks that used to say "Engaged" were now flashing "Disengaged".

"Okay, now all you have to do is bust the last code. Easy enough?" I ask Theo as I stand up. "I'll have it open in a few hours." He says. "Good. Don't let us distract you." Hans says as he takes my hand and leads me towards the elevator.

As the elevator takes us up, Hans holds his hands around my waist while leaning on the elevator's wall. I enjoy the warmness of his chest as he holds me. I felt safe and happy in his arms.

I kept telling myself that I was delusional for falling for a terrorist, but at this point, I didn't even care.

As the elevator stops on our floor he kisses my forehead and we walk out.

I see people shooting me daggers with their eyes as I walk hand in hand with Hans, back to the office.

As soon as we get back to the office, Hans takes a seat on the desk chair and I sit on the edge of the desk. Hans and Karl talk about John as I sit there, looking out the window.

I pick at my nails as I hear the door open. "If you listened to me he would be neutralized," Hans tells Karl. "I don't want neutralizing, I want dead," Karl says.

I see Ellis walk in and I try to hold back a laugh. "This should be fun," I say as I slightly giggle. "Nobody is talking to you, trader," Ellis says. I see Hans reach for his gun out of the side of my eye and I put my hand on his. He lets go of the gun and sits back in his seat.

"Hope I'm not interrupting," Ellis says. "What does he want?" Hans asks. "It's not what I want, it's what I can give you," Ellis says.

I see Karl reach for his gun and Hans shakes his head. "Let's be straight okay," Ellis says as he sits down. "It's obvious your not some dumb shmuck up here to steal a few purses, am I right?" He asks. "You're very perspective," Hans says, obviously annoyed.