𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟾 - 𝙼𝚢 𝚃𝚞𝚛𝚗

Jimin quickly ran up to Y/N and grabbed her shoulders, eyeing her up and down. Her wet hair were stuck to her forehead and cheeks as her hands lazily draped by her hips. From her state, he could probably understand that she wasn't okay and that the whole sorting-out-thing, didn't go well either. 

"Come on, let's go home and then you can tell me anything you, mh?" he hummed sweetly as he gently patted her shoulders and watched her nodding weakly, "Alright, let's go," he whispered as he wrapped his arm around her despite the fact that she was completely soaked in water. As Y/N made her way in the backseat of the taxi, Jimin shot the driver an apologetic look, knowing that the seat would be completely wet.

After about ten more minutes, they finally made it to their doorstep, but the rain only continued to protest aggressively. Jimin unlocked the door with the spare keys that Ms. Han had given to him and placed his arms behind Y/N's waist, encouraging her into the warm house.

"W-where are they?" she finally broke the quietness that had been filling the atmosphere since the park. "Grandma and uncle..." she specified unnecessarily since it was obvious who she was talking about.

"They went out... Ms. Han texted me while I was making my way here and she said that she needed to meet someone in Busan, so since the school is closed and your uncle works there, he decided to go with her. They should be back tomorrow at lunchtime." he spoke soothingly as he helped Y/N to slip out of her wet coat before placing in on the radiator, so it'd dry faster. "Now, go ahead and take a shower, I'll make us something to eat for dinner."

Since Jimin was already kind of wet from the rain he had caught as they were walking to the taxi and from holding Y/N, she hugged him. Pressing her ear against his chest, she could hear his heart accelerating its beating speed, making a smile form on her thin lips. "Thanks, Jimin..." she unwrapped her arms from his waist and went into the direction of the bathroom. 

Jimin couldn't help his smile as he watched her disappear upstairs. Maybe today was the day when he could tell her straight with words how he felt about her?

He went to the kitchen and began cooking since he was scared that she had caught a cold, he made soup. Pressing the knife half-way through the broccoli, he calmly hummed to one of his favourite tunes before dropping them into the boiling soup. After forty-five minutes of cooking, he had finally finished and was just adding the last touches. 

"Mhhh... smells nice... broth isn't it? What is it chicken soup with vegetables?" Y/N sung as she aggressively smelled in the warm aroma of Jimin's soup. The fact that she seemed better and more relaxed, made his heart at ease.

"Yes, go ahead and take a seat." he pointed at the wooden chairs which were tucked in at the table, glancing at her cute pyjama. It was a long-sleeved grey shirt with Mickey Mouse printed on its front along with black sweat pants, they too had a small Mickey Mouse printed on the thigh-part. Looking like a funny-nana, Jimin used his puffy Christmas gloves to carry over the whole stewpot which had barely-visible white clouds of steam flying right above its surface. 

Then he quickly ran back to the kitchen to get two glasses and two spoons, placing one near Y/N's right hand and the other on his side. Then once again, he ran back to get a water bottle from the counter and two bowls for their soup. When he finally had set up the whole table, he grabbed a ladle and poured soup for the both of them.  

"Well, how's it? Good, bad?" Jimin asked nervously once Y/N had eaten her first spoon of it. 

"Jimin, I must say that this is definitely one of the best broths that I've ever had in my life," she took one more sip as a laugh escaped Jimin's mouth merrily, "By the way, you looked completely fluttering with those grandma gloves and ladle... you deserve a boyfriend-material of the year award!" Y/N joked, and this time Jimin's laugh became so much louder, making Y/N's heart swell with warmness. 

When they've both eaten and cleaned up after themselves, Y/N had told Jimin that she wanted to share what had happened with him. So they went to her bedroom and hesitantly laid beside each other. "So what happened? Did she hurt you? I'm kinda stupid for asking you this only now. I hope she didn't though..." Jimin patted her head as he usually would.

"I guess it's my turn to share about my life..." she looked down, swallowing the lump in her throat, "You see, I have a very serious love-hate relationship with Christmas because that's exactly the day that my parents were found dead, and guess what?" Jimin rose his brows in curiosity, even though he still had a sad frown on his lips, "So-Hyun is connected to this accident..."

Jimin quickly pulled Y/N closer and wrapped his arms around her, "How?" he asked simply, but it was enough to show that he was genuinely interested in Y/N's life and that he cared. 

"Apparently, she stopped chasing us because her dad, her parents, were the cause of my parents' death," she spoke as she returned Jimin's hug by wrapping her arms around him as well. His mouth went agape proving his state of shock, similarly to Y/N's reaction earlier, "It seems like her father was chasing someone down, but they got and killed the wrong people, also known as my parents... All of that on the Christmas night..."

Jimin felt his own eyes gloss at the though. Imagine knowing that such a beautiful holiday is the very same day your parents died... "S-so emh... I don't know how to phrase the question... what did exactly happen, if you will?" 

"Well, it was very late at night and I was asleep. Actually, I fell asleep while trying to catch Santa Claus, I would do that every year and always end up with the same result; waking up at my hiding place with the presents being already tucked neatly beneath the tree... That night I woke up due to a very loud sound of cars crashing, then I got out and saw my parents... that's pretty much it... boring story," 

Jimin shook his head as tears threatened to spill out of his cutely-shaped almond eyes. "It's not boring!" he retorted, "I'm so sorry Y/N, I hope this year we can have a nice Christmas altogether. You know, I always spend Christmas with just my mother, and only wished for my dad to be there as well, so I can somewhat relate you." 

"It's a bit shameless of me to ask this, but..." Y/N sassed, successfully lightened up the mood as Jimin chuckled, "Will you support me? Actually, can we support each other this Christmas? Can you accompany me to her grave?" 

"Of course I will," he beamed, closing his eyes as he allowed himself to sink into Y/N's warm embrace. Just like that both of them fell asleep, forgetting about their awaiting confession.

To be continued...

Published Date: December 18th 2020

[Edited Date: 30th of December 2020]

-Jɪᴍɪɴᴀɴᴅʜɪsᴊᴀᴍs 💜