Chapter 25

"Does it hurt?" Jisu asked as she rubbed the healing ointment onto Yeji's back that was horribly bruised from the collision with the table and the ground, further adding on to the already piled up injuries Yeji had.

"Are you alright?" Yeji asked in return. 

Her back was in pain, but she didn't care. 

Yeji was much more concerned about Jisu, especially the noticeable swelling that Jisu's cheek was going through, along with the gash inside the younger girl's mouth from when Soobin punched her, causing her teeth to graze the insides of her cheeks and bleed.

"I told you, I'll be fine. Let's get you fixed up first." Jisu continued to apply more ointment, before cutting out a large patch from the roll of cotton pads that Yeji had in her first aid kit and gently taping it onto the bruised area.

The 5 along with Hyunjin and Kim Jisoo were gathered in Yeji's apartment, sitting around the living room area, the atmosphere a little gloomy.

After the fight had ended, they agreed to head back home to one of their places, ultimately deciding on Yeji's apartment as Jisu knew Yeji kept a much more extensive medical kit there compared to the rest.

She had also asked Kim Jisoo and Hyunjin to join them, seeing that Yeji's cousin was in the worst condition among all of them, and she couldn't forget what Jisoo had meant when the girl said that she was on her side.

There were too many questions floating around in her head. 

And she was determined to get them all answered tonight.

And so, the 5 took Yeji's car once more, this time Ryujin was the one to drive as both Yeji and Jisu had sustained injuries, while Kim Jisoo drove Hyunjin's car, trailing behind Yeji's black Fortuner until they reached their apartment complex.

Which leads to where they're at right now, sitting in Yeji's living room with Jisu treating Yeji's wounds while Kim Jisoo and Chaeryeong helped treat Hyunjin's.

"Unnie...," Yuna spoke up first. 

She was sitting on the floor, leaning her back against Ryujin's chest with her phone in her hands, the short haired girl embracing Yuna in a backhug, her chin resting lightly on the younger's head, hands gently tapping in rhythm on Yuna's stomach, comforting the younger girl who was still noticeably shaken up from witnessing a fight.

"The video is already spreading around ..."

"And what's wrong with the video spreading around?" Kim Jisoo innocently asked, as she applied alcohol on a stick of cotton bud, gently dabbing it on the gash that was on Hyunjin's face, with Chaeryeong doing the same.

"She could get suspended," Ryujin answered, her voice had a hint of displeasure in it. "Or worse, she could get permanently kicked off the team."

Yeji could only defeatedly sigh. 

She knew the consequences all too well, which was why she had desperately asked Yuna to stop Ryujin from involving herself. And she knew that those consequences were something she had to face sometime in the near future, maybe even as early as tomorrow.

But there was no use in worrying about it now. 

The video was already spreading like wildfire across social media, and it was clear that they were able to catch Yeji being a part of the fight. 

Yeji pulled down her shirt to once again cover her back and turned around to face Jisu.

"Your turn."

The silver haired girl took the tube of ointment from Jisu's hands before tenderly applying it onto Jisu's swollen cheek.

"Let me know if it hurts," Yeji softly said, which Jisu in turn nodded, though noticeably wincing whenever Yeji's fingers touched her face.