Queen [0036]

The following days were busy for everyone

The following days were busy for everyone. But no matter how busy everyone was, their eyes would always go towards one person, Claire Forbes. No matter the reason Claire would have eyes on her. At first, she didn't mind of course. She knew that her family would be worried about her, so she didn't say anything. But after a few days with the constant staring and whispers, she was getting annoyed.

Don't get her wrong, she appreciated that her family was doing everything they can to save her, but what was the point? Claire can't stop what's coming any more than she can call upon the clouds to clear the sky. No one can. What comes will be her destiny, and it seems that destiny wants her dead. Sooner rather than later, but she wouldn't go out so easily. If she must die then she rather do it her way, and the only way she was dying was by giving her heart to her baby girls. Claire was determined to save her girl - destiny and the witches who want her dead or alive can kiss her ass.

Claire went on with her days as usual, nothing had changed to her normal routine... well except that she was visiting Stefan's grave more often and she would stay there for quite a long time. Something that started to worry her family. They didn't know what she was thinking, she was acting the same but somehow she was different. There was something about her that her family could sense, though they didn't know what it was. Even Caroline, her twin sister, didn't know what she was on about.

"There's been another one," Ric said walking into Claire's office, looking gloomier than normal. Caroline and Noel walked behind Ric, Noel went to lean against the bookshelf while Caroline slumped down on the chair in front of Claire, letting out a long sigh. "This is getting ridiculous. Don't witches ever get tired of being killed?" her question made Noel roll his eyes.

"It's not like they have a choice. They're being forced to come and besides, the trio is making everything bloodier than it should be."

Caroline smirked, "I'm surprised that they've been holding back."

Noel looked at her with a 'you're serious' look, "you're saying that's them holding back?" He was referring to the murders the trio committed last week.

The bubbly blonde smirked, "well Theo and Lottie are Klaus' offsprings and Beau has a talent for killing... so yeah, that's them holding back."

"You should have seen the first time they'd killed as a team." Ric shudder remembering that day, "now that was bloody," Ric added as he and Caroline shared a laugh. Noel looked at the two as if they were crazy before turning to a surprisedly quiet Claire.

Arching his brow, "aren't you going to say anything?"

There was a small pause before Claire shrugged then she added, "what did you expect from Niklaus' children? Little Angels?" Caroline and Ric both snickered while Noel shook his head.

"I don't know anything more like Hope?"

Hearing that, Claire suddenly stopped typing before slowly turning to Noel, "don't compare my children to her." Though her tone was calm and soft, they didn't miss the threat. Noel gulped before nodding, he knew that he crossed the line with that one. He should have known better than compare the Mikaelson's children. And plus, if Lottie were to hear that he compared them, it would end badly for him.
Standing up, she put on her coat before heading towards the door. "Where are you going?" asked Caroline confused. They just got there, why was she leaving so soon?

Claire looked over her shoulder, adjusting her burgundy coat, "I have an appointment with the council regarding the Mikaelson's clan then I have an appointment with the Mikaelson's clan. My day just gets better and better," she said with enough sarcasm that made them chuckled.

"Why don't I handle the council?" Ric offered, knowing that she avoids meeting them.

Claire waved him away, "it's fine, I can't keep pulling this off. There's only so much they can take before they snap. They don't have lots of patience, especially if the Mikaelson's are involved. I fear that if I make another excuse they'll literally come here and look for trouble."

Caroline clicked her tongue, "I'll like to see them try." She begrudgingly comments before adding, "they've forgotten who actually runs this place. Just because you let them have some power doesn't mean they own the town. They lost that right the moment you gave up everything," her beautiful features turned into a dark scowl just thinking of that day.

The day where her sweet dear twin sister was brutally forced to turn off her humanity just to save the town.It was a day that everyone wanted to desperately forget, despite knowing that they would never be able to.

"The Mikaelson's are causing us more trouble than they realize. It would have been better if they never showed up."

Claire's only response to her twin's comment was an emotionless smile, before leaving. There was a tense silence in the room, Caroline's scowl deepened before getting up and stomping away. Noel arched his brow once again as he watched the 5ft 6inches blonde leave. When the door slammed shut, "what was that?" he questioned, turning to a quiet Alaric.

Ric stayed silent for a moment before turning to Noel with a serious expression. "Just know this, what Claire says goes. Whether you agree with it or not. As Caroline said, they're forgetting who's the rightful leader of this town. It's only a matter of time before they do something stupid that'll make Claire lose her calm."

Although Noel was a little skeptical, he didn't think that Claire was easily anger but then again, just like she said "there's only so much one can take before they snap." And if he was being honest, he was hoping to witness the day where Claire Grace Forbes would finally show just how powerful she can be. After all, she did raise the three most powerful supernatural creatures known to walk the Earth.