Chapter 47: If you could see them one last time, would you do it?

The truth of everything slowly becomes revealed and you hate yourself for not knowing.  You wish you paid more attention and picked up on the little details.  Because now it's too late and you know, but also knowing made you realize nobody trusted you enough to tell you.

Miracine Seaton

       "What if you could see them one last time?" He gasped.

       "What...What do you mean?" He stared at me with a confused expression and was in shock from my question.

       "If you could see them one last time, would you do it?" I looked at him with concern.
       He was unsure what to say and probably did not understand why I was asking. I could help him. I could make it all better with me here it will be.

        "It does not matter, they are gone." Most would believe they are gone and there no way to see them, but it is wrong.
        Their spirit lives with the sea, their body sleeps with the sea. Deep down resting on the bank of a sunken ship that those who not of the sea cannot get to.

        "Yes, but I can show you where they lie in the seas." His head perked up.

       "You seen them before?" His eyebrows shot up. Well that is a hard question to answer, and hard like difficult to answer.

       "No...Not specifically." I shook my head,
      "I just been there before and I seen random humans who drowned in the ocean before. And I could be able to allow you to see them by letting you breathe with the sea. Anyone who life is taken by the ocean still lives in a way. Their spirit lives with the sea, and their body sleeps with the sea."

        "You can do that?" He was seemly interested. I nodded.

        "Come." I drag his arm leading to the water's side and cupped water with my hands. "My pendant." I demanded.

       "This is safe, right?" I nodded my head as I watch him untie my pendant from his neck. My pendant on him, makes him even more desirable.
      The violet-marine crystal that is tied around silver water or what humans may call a string.

    "Miza's parents done it." I told him, "Trust me."

      "I trust you." He held out my pendant and then I thought of the water and breathing and how I breathed.

     "Breathe. Now come on, you will not drown. It last for a few hours so it will be fine. And if you cannot, tell me immediately. I will make sure that you get to safety. And if it is too cold for your too sensible human flesh, tell me." He nodded and we braced ourselves.
     If this works maybe everything will be all better. Maybe I could finally stay with him until...

     "What about..." I stopped him with my hand.

      "It will be fine. Like you once said long ago, do not worry."  I gave him a smile.

      "I won't as long as you are okay." Me? I raised my eyebrows. Why is he worried about me?

      "Why are you worried about me, when it is yourself you should be concerned about?" He shook his head frowning.

    "Now...that is what I really hate." He looked down. "How you always worry about me and it is I who should be worrying and protecting you. Not the other way around.... Angelfish."
     And then I could not take him seriously with that stupid nickname.

      "I had you until you said angelfish." I frowned. I'm not a fish. I'm not a fish.

      "Well I did not say anything afterwards...Angelfish, and Angelfish this time I want it to be me who helps and protects you. Let me do that for you, won't you, Angelfish?" He pressed his palm on my cheek, caressing so softly.
    "Angelfish?" I'm not a....I hope he never stops calling me that