Chapter 27- The Day Of Black Sun, Part 2: The Eclipse

Sokka was talking to me, when I noticed something flying our direction. I squint my eyes taking a closer look.

"Is that—is that Aang?"

"What?" Sokka gasps.

He lands next to Sokka and Katara.

"Please tell me you're here because the Fire lord turned out to be a big wimp and you didn't even need the eclipse to take him down?"

"He wasn't home," Aang responded. "No one was. The entire palace city is abandoned."

"They knew."

"It's over," Aang says. "The Fire Lord is probably long gone. Far away on some remote island where he'll be be safe during the eclipse."

"No." Sokka says. "My instincts tell me he wouldn't go too far. He would have a secret bunker. Somewhere he could go, and it'll be safe during a siege, but still be close enough to lead his nation."

"If it's an underground secret bunker we're looking for, I'm just the girl to find it."

After some deliberation, we agreed to continue the invasion. The invasion force would continue towards the palace while Aang, Toph, Sokka, and I search for Fire Lord Ozai.

With Toph's help, we located the secret bunker inside a near by volcano. We passed through tunnels of gas and magma until we reached the metal bunker, which Toph opened with metalbending.

As we were running, we cornered a Fire nation noble. We all turn ready to fight.

"The Fire Lord's chamber is that way down the hall to the left and up the stairs. You can't miss it."

"Thanks, boo." I call out.

"Only 30 seconds until the total eclipse." Sokka tells us.

We ran up to the door. Aang took a deep breath. "I'm ready to face the Fire Lord." He said before blasting the door opened.

To our surprise, we found Azula.

"So, you are alive after all. I had a hunch that you survived. But it doesn't matter, I've know about the invasion for months."

"Where is he?" Aang demands. "Where is the Fire Lord?"

"Hm, you mean I'm not good enough for you?" Azula says. "You're hurting my feelings."

"Stop wasting our time and give us the information," Sokka says. "You're powerless right now, so you're in no position to refuse."

"And stick to the truth, honey. Toph can tell when you're lying." I add.

"Are you sure?" Azula says. "I'm a pretty good liar. I'm a 400-foot-tall purple platypus bear with pink horns and silver wings."

"Okay, you're good, I admit it."

We heard a thud behind us and saw two Dai Li agents, drop from the celling. Aang quickly through a gust of wind at them, but they blocked it with earthbending.

We continued to fight the Dai Li and Azula. I threw my sword on the ground and started running towards her.

Toph launched me up in the air, with her earthbending so I could get a closer fight as Aang followed. We started chasing after her until Sokka told us it was a distraction, to waste time.

"Not true," Azula says. "I'm giving it my all."

"You're trying to keep us here and waste all the time!" Toph says.

"Um, right. I think your friend just said that genius. And since you can't see, I should tell you I'm rolling my eyes."

"I'll roll your whole head." Toph says.

"Let me at her." I say launching towards her.

Sokka grabs my waist. "She's just baiting us again."

"Okay," I say annoyed. "So what do we do? Just ignore her?"

"We don't have a choice," Sokka says. "We just have to get out of here and find the Fire Lord on our own somehow."

"It's a trap," Azula said once we started walking away. "Don't say I didn't warn you."

"Ignore!" Sokka yells.

"So, Sokka's your name, right? My favorite prisoner used to mention you all the time. She was convinced that you were going to come rescue her with your girlfriend. Of course, you never came, and she gave up on you."

I close my eyes knowing Sokka was about to launch at her.

And of course I was right. Toph threw a rock at her, promptly disarming her, and pinning her against the wall.

Sokka pinned Azula's upper body against the wall with Toph's support. "Where is Suki?" He said in a deep husky voice. I know it wasn't the time, but I wish I was Azula, right now.

"Where's Suki?" He repeats. "Answer me!"

Okay, now I was starting to feel a little hurt. I turn around as hot tears slip down my face. Why was he so concerned? Did he still like her?

"Sokka, she won't talk." Aang says.

"Where are you keeping her?"

I start to sob even more, I've never seen him so angry.

"I think you should be more worried about your girlfriend over there." Azula says, pointing at me.

I start to walk out the bunker.

"Soul!" Sokka calls out.

"Oh," I hear Azula say. "Sounds like the firebendings back on."

I then heard Sokka grunt, falling to the ground. I had to go back and check on him.

I come back throwing arrows at Azula. "Dad's all the way at the end of the hall and down the secret stairway on the left. I'm sure he'll be more than happy to see you now." Azula says running away.

"I fell for it," Sokka says. "I used up all our time."

"It's not your fault, Sokka." Toph says.

"Oooh, it kinda is." I murmur.

"Soul." Aang scolds.

We returned back to the battle site, as a fleet of hot air balloons amd zeppelins emerge from behind the palace and attempt to attack the invasion force.

We attempt to stop the fleet of airships, but realize we were outmatched. The airships obliterate the submarines, thus making our escape impossible. Hakoda tells Aang and the younger fighters to flee while the adults remain behind to be taken as prisoners. After saying goodbyes, the rest of the gaang, along with Haru, Teo, and The Duke, get onto Appa; as we rise into the air, Aang states that the Western Air Temple will be a safe place for us to stay for a while.

Zuko's coming next chapter😬 let's see how this goes. Vote and comment whores😈😈