chapter 14. meet grevious. 

I quickly walk up to Obi-Wan and a few other Jedi masters surrounding a holotable at the Jedi Temple, Barriss and Ahsoka following close behind me with some younglings. I stand next to my master and we nod politely at each other. My eyes advert to a hologram on the table. 

"Greetings, Jedi." I quickly recognize the man—no, the droid—wait, was even is that?—as the infamous General Grievous. "It would seem, once again, one of your Order has lost his way." The hologram shows Master Koth writhing in pain on the ground next to Grievous. "And even better, a leading member of your Jedi Council." Grievous picks up Master Koth by the shirt. "Listen to me, Jedi. I do not care about your politics. I do not care about your Republic." He throws Master Koth onto the ground. "I only live to see you die."

"Is he even alive?" I mutter to my master. He nudges me to urge me to be quiet. "Fine, fine, sorry." A magna guard comes up behind Master Koth and electrocutes him in the back with his electrostaff. Master Koth groans in pain.

"But death will not come so easily for Master Koth. I will make him suffer endlessly, because I know that is more painful for you all." Grievous laughs manically as the recording ends. 

"He's a monster," Obi-Wan tells me as I turn to him. 

"I'd say he's even more psychotic than you told me."

"Away with the younglings. Much there is, to discuss," Master Yoda says. I turn to follow Ahsoka, Barriss, and the younglings out of the room, but Obi-Wan grabs my arm to stop me. I stand next to him once again. Yoda notices, but says nothing. 

"I'm going to want your help with this," Obi-Wan whispers to me. 

"With what?" I ask. He doesn't respond. 

"It's time somebody put an end to that monster," Anakin sneers. 

"On that, agreed, we are. How to find him, the question remains," Master Yoda says. 

"After engaging Grievous, we lost contact with Master Koth. He could be anywhere," Obi-Wan adds. 

"Commander Wolffe has found a message in the holo transmission," Master Plo, an the form of a hologram, announces. "Play back the message." 

The message plays again as I notice Master Koth's hand giving us signals. I nudge my master, who already seems to notice and is trying to decode. 

Anakin notices, too. "Look, hand signals!"

Obi-Wan bends closer to the recording. "I admit my skills are rusty, but... Saleucami System, sector J-1-9... 0-8... 0-5..." He can't seem to put the last two together.

"2-9," I finish for him. 

He nods as he steps back. "Very good. Thank you."

"Saleucami?" Master Gallia, standing next to Anakin, questions. "But intelligence reported Grievous has no ships near that sector."

"Yes, but so often inaccurate, our intelligence is," Master Yoda admits. 

"I shall go," Obi-Wan declares.

"So will I," Anakin immediately follows. 

"And I," Master Gallia adds. 

Obi-Wan turns to me. "Arlo?"

"I thought it was a given I was going to come with you?" I reply with a smirk.

"Sure your padawan should go, Master Kenobi?" Master Yoda questions.

"It's your decision, ultimately, but I believe she's well-enough prepared," Obi-Wan tells the old master.  

"My decision, it is not. Your padawan, she is. Well-trained, she is, I agree. See you all soon, I hope."