CHAPTER 13

🎶pain goes away when I'm tipsy. pain goes away when you're with me🎶
-PARTYNEXTDOOR ft. drake

Omnicient~

Omnicient~

     THE next morning was as usual: ordinary

THE next morning was as usual: ordinary. As much as Naija was adjusting to suddenly living away from her emotionally abusive cousins, constantly keeping to herself and having herself for company, and waking up in a whole different environment everyday and now having a boyfriend—things she never thought would happen—Michael was adjusting to it as well.

He never goes deep into his feelings—regarding relationships—and chooses not to. Him and King are like polar opposites in regards to their lifestyles.

King can stay tied down to a woman for a long time, and is very laid back and lazy, as opposed to Michael who never favored love or relationships. The truth is, he doesn't really know how to love or show "soft" or "affectionate" gestures to many people because of his upbringing. His grandma was tough on him and only showed affection when he deserved it.

His mother was never affectionate growing up either, and although he's known her for about 4 years, he still remembers how his grandma would always have to take over each time he wanted love or just a motherly moment.

His father was the same, but at least stepped up to the plate more than his mother. She was young and surely did not want children at all and often regretted her life choices before and after his birth.

He has a tough exterior to almost shield his soft side: the side that isn't often seen.

Naija is the complete opposite of him and being with someone who would easily bring out another side of him is worth it.

Naija opened her eyes slowly, not feeling Michael's presence next to her—which always creates butterflies in her stomach just at the thought of sleeping next to him in the first place.