九 | 𝐒𝐧𝐨𝐰

Chapter Nine

九

[  Six Month Time-skip ]

"I really don't like winter!"

Kasai coughed. Her pale hand reached up to scratch at her nose, annoyed from looking out at the endless horizon of nothing but white snow for miles to come.

Six months.

Six, fucking months.

It had been six months from when she had last raided―more like broke into―the Ubuyashiki estate. She had the key, and was able to unlock the box, meaning that she had her fox mask back, safe and sound. 

Lately, she had been wandering around, passing through villages―maybe burning them down―wandering into dark and scary caves―'cause that is such a great idea!―and of course, avoiding Demon Slayers―mostly the Hashira, though―and the Ubuyashiki's.

After coughing yet again, she hopped down from the tree. Her black sandals made a a crunching sound when they hit the powdery snow. Shivering to herself, she huddled farther into her shawl made of fur and scowled at nothing in particular.

 (Maybe she was scowling at the white snow? She was just in a very bad mood probably.)

Fumbling around in the layers of her red kimono, she pulled out her trademark fox mask and slipped it on her face before vanishing, the golden bells jingling on her mask and headdress in the process.

Yeah, she really didn't like winter.

For multiple reasons.