CHAPTER-8

Midnight Memories

The next moment we were outside that hotel, strolling on the streets of Chennai. I couldn't believe my eyes as I was walking beside a celebrity with my pajamas on and he was in his suit that he wore earlier that day for the concert. We walked in silence for fifteen minutes on the deserted street before stopping at an ice cream shop. Since it was midnight,there was no crowd and there was only one waiter boy who didn't happen to recognise Stefan.

"Which is your favourite icecream Miss Singh",he asked as he looked into the menu.

"Butterscotch",I replied in delight."What's your favorite?"

"There is not one flavor in particular.I would like a mix of vanilla, chocolate and strawberry.I like such mixed ones you know",he said.

"I have never tried that..I'm gonna have some of yours now",I chuckled."What else is in the menu?"

"An ice cream would suffice me.Can you believe it's 4 a.m?",he said looking at his watch.

"Did you ever have lassi?",I asked out of the blue.

"What is lassi?"

"So it's a drink and we punjabis are known for making awesome lassi.It is made from curd and it tastes so yummmm."

"Do you have lassi in here?",Stefan asked calling the waiter.

"I'm gonna make you lassi.My lassi is world famous in Patiala",I over exaggerated.

He started chuckling which his fingers covering his eyes leaving me gaped.

"What's so funny?",I asked.

"No the way you put those last two words sounded funny."

"Ohh",I said trying to copy his characterstic smirk.

"Did you try idli?",I asked him taking a bite of my ice cream.

"What is that now?",he asked.

"You gotta be kidding me",I widened my eyes.Amused."You were in Chennai and didn't try south indian food.Sad",I said in despair."When you come to Mumbai I'll take you to this famous south indian hotel and I bet you would love it."

"You would be treating me again then",he winked his eyes."Where does Punjab fall in India?",he asked out of the blue.

"Punjab is a part of North India and Chennai is here in South",I clarified.

"So you are basically a north indian?"

"Yes.I mean my dad is a Punjabi but my mom is a south indian and she is from Hyderabad which is in another state",I said.

"You are not Khanna's actual daughter right I mean since you are a singh....?",he asked with a quizzical look on his face.

"Yes but she raised me and made me who I'm now so I can be rightfully caled her daughter",I said proudly.

"Actual parents?"

"Long story,"I dodged the question cause I didn't to ruin that moment by telling him my story.

I took the last bites of his ice cream and it didn't taste as bad as I expected and then I got off my chair and went to the waiter boy to ask if I could use the kitchen to make lassi.He was stern on not allowing me to use the kitchen.I then emotionally blackmailed him and lied to him about how he resembled my younger brother and then gave him a  two hundred rupee note and asked  to buy himself an icecream.He finally submitted to my will and I promised him to not take more than 10 minutes.Stefan was watching me all the while with blank expressions on his face.

Why was he sitting there on the terrace for so long?Is he okay I mean he was smoking....did he smoke the whole time?What made him do that?Is it because of work pressure or is he missing his girlfriend?

"Taddaaa.....here is your lassi",I offered with a wide smile on my face.

He put on serious expressions on his face while having it which beat the shit out of me which madee believe I messed the entire thing once again.

"I wanna kiss your hands right now Kritika",he said with his intense gaze fixed on me."This is like THE BEST I have ever had.God bless your hands"

I genuinely smiled staring into his chocolate eyes.
"You remind me of my mom.....she keeps saying your last statement whenever she drinks my special lassi".

"Really?You know what this is the first ever time a girl is saying this ....that I remind her of her mom",he was surely taken aback by my statement.

I never expected this would happen tonight like me treating Stefan Wilson and making him drink my lassi.I could feel butterflies in my stomach when he said he wanted to kiss my hands. The best part is when he called me Kritika. I never knew that my name could be pronounced so beautifully. I never realised I had such a beautiful name until now......damn his voice! It's such a blessing to ears.