Godric's Hollow

It was December 24, 1997.

The weeks had passed quickly, with Harry continuing to see visions of Voldemort seeking out the thief that stole Gregorovitch's item. Since Harry's traumatic encounter with the lovers, Hermione and Ellie refrained from touching each other. Hermione had obliviated any trace of his memories quickly, returning things back to normal.

The trio apparated their way to Godric's Hollow, the snow crunching beneath their feet. Hermione shivered, in which Ellie wrapped her arm over her girlfriend to warm her.

"I still think we should've used Polyjuice Potion," Hermione stated as she observed the dark village that surrounded them.

"No," Harry countered. "This is where I was born. I'm not returning as someone else."

The trio started to walk down the road, hearing the bell toll as town members wished each other a good night.

"Harry, Ellie, I think it's Christmas Eve," Hermione noted softly, her arm wrapped around Ellie's waist. "Listen."

A small smile crept up on Ellie's face as she listened to the soft tunes of Christmas music within a building. She pressed her lips against Hermione's forehead, making the Gryffindor blush deeply.

"Do you think they'd be in there?" Harry asked as he stared at the cemetery over the fence. "My mom and dad."

"I think so," Ellie replied softly.

"Yeah, I think they would," Hermione added.

The three of them entered the cemetery in search for the Potters' headstones. Harry split with the girls as Hermione and Ellie stayed together.

Hermione bent down to a snow-covered grave, brushing off the white particles. Beneath the snow was the symbol they had seen in Hermione's book.

"That's the symbol," Ellie gasped softly as Hermione made her way to the bottom of the grave, brushing off the snow.

"Ignotus Peverell," Hermione read out loud as Ellie crouched beside her.

"Hey, Harry?" Hermione called out.

There was no response. The girls turned their heads to see Harry standing over a grave, staring at the headstone. Hermione and Ellie made their way to where he stood, the gravestone etched with the names of James and Lily Potter.

Hermione withdrew her wand and knelt down to form a small wreath embellished with white flowers as Ellie placed a hand on Harry's shoulder, rubbing it comfortingly.

"They loved you," Ellie whispered as she stared at the grave.

Harry sniffled, bringing the back of his hand to wipe away any tears.

"Merry Christmas," Harry said in a low voice. Now with both girls on either side of him, Hermione rested her head on Harry's shoulder as Ellie side-hugged the boy.

"Merry Christmas, Harry," Ellie and Hermione replied in sync.

Hermione slowly turned her head to see a dark figure watching from afar. Ellie took notice as well, inconspicuously pulling Hermione closer to her protectively.

"There's someone watching us. By the church," Hermione whispered.

Harry turned his head cautiously. "I think I know who that is."

Soon enough, Harry had decided to follow the lady as she slowly walked away.

"I don't like this, Harry," Hermione complained.

"Following a creepy woman in the dark? I don't like it either," Ellie added as she interlaced her fingers with Hermione's.

"Guys, she knew Dumbledore. She might have the sword," Harry reasoned, though he seemed to be more distracted by the building next to him.