Chapter-22

Hello beautiful people,
Here's an update!
3355 words, I guess this is the longest chapter till now!
Enjoy, reading ;)
***************

Nova

All I could see was darkness.
My head felt as heavy as a ton and I was having a hard time opening my eyes. I forcefully opened my eyes and blinked for a few times to adjust my eyes in the partially dark room. The light seeping behind the heavy curtains indicated it was morning.

Wasn't I supposed to be dead?
The last thing I remembered was the dangerous blue eyed man approaching me with a sword. Then, how did I survive?

I looked around and noticed I was in a different place. The room I was in was big enough to fit in an apartment.
Where am I?

The room was tidy and well organised.
There was a large book shelf to my right and a huge painting next to it. The room was old fashioned like the rest, but it had a dark and mysterious aura, which drew me in. The only colours I saw were black and red. To my left was a arm chair and a study, with neatly organised papers on the top. The only light source in the room was the lamp on the study. To my front was a fireplace and a door next to it. There were two windows and four doors in this large room. I heard the door on the right creak open and a tall silhouette of a man walked in. I couldn't make out the face as the room was only partially illuminated. He crouched down next to the fireplace and started a fire and gradually the room lighted up. I came in sight with the huge muscular back of Nicholas.
Holy fuck! He was utterly shirtless with only his trousers on!

His muscles flexed as he moved his arms to arrange the firewood and the view in front of me was heaven itself. I could make out numerous scars on his back, the battle scars. He stood up to his full height and turned around to face me and my jaw literally dropped. His dark eyes bore into me, but my gaze travelled down his sturdy, ripped muscular body. My attention drew towards a long, big scar across his firm broad chest. I feared to think how much pain he would have went through when he got that wound. My gaze lowered down to the fine, solid abdominal muscles he sported.
They were eight! Not six, but freaking eight in number!!
I started with my mouth agape.

"I'm beginning to think you cannot take your eyes off me" his deep husky voice broke the silence of the room. My eyes snapped back to him, and he was smirking at me.
Of course, I cannot take my eyes off, especially if he has a physique like a Greek God.
"You should close your mouth, love. It's giving me other ideas" he groaned, his deep voice sending a shiver down my spine.
My eyes widened and I quickly shut my mouth and turned my gaze away from his chiselled body. I was pretty sure my face would have turned beet red by now.
"W-Why are you not wearing a shirt?" I managed to say, without meeting his eyes.
"Because last night..." he paused and my eyes swiftly turned towards him. I could see a playful expression on his face.
What the hell happened last night?
"Tell me! What happened?" I urged, slight panic in my tone.
"You ordered me to take off my shirt and I did" he smirked wickedly.

I looked down under the sheets and I wasn't wearing my yesterday's clothes, but only had his black shirt on.
"Did...Did I change here?... Right in front of you?" I nervously put forth the words.
"Yes, you did" he smirked.
Seeing my panicked expression he continued saying,
"Don't worry, princess! I turned my eyes away. I did not see" he said with a devilish grin lacing his lips.

Shit! I must have totally made a fool out of myself yesterday.
I was embarrassed to think about the things I might or might not have done.

Seeing my scared and flushed expression he continued speaking,
"What is on your mind, love?" he questioned, walking closer to me.
I nervously crawled back, till my back pressed against the headboard of the bed. I tensed as he climbed onto the bed and sat down beside me in a very close proximity. I looked straight ahead, without glancing at the hot handsome hunk sitting next to me.