8. Conflict

Just wanted to thank you guys for making this book #174 on the Romance hot list! A massive achievement for me!

*******************************************

My hand was restricted by this damned sling and I so badly wanted to comb my fingers in his rough dark hair. Rafael tried to pull his face away but I was refusing him to get away, so he growled in my mouth, his hands grabbing onto my shoulders and pushing me back. A sharp pain of realization in my shoulder, I yelped in pain.

"Mierda!" Rafael cursed, jumping up from the couch. I rubbed my shoulder lightly, he had a tight grip. "Lo Siento."

"It's okay, Rafael. I just need some cream." I assured him, getting up from the couch I went to my bedroom to search for the pain relief cream my doctor gave me.

"I'll do it." Rafael grabbed the tube as soon as I retrieved it. "Sit." He commanded, cocking his head to my bed. I complied, sitting on the edge of my bed. He opened the tube, squeezing a fair amount on his fingers. while I exposed my shoulder to him. He dabbed it on my shoulder and shoulder blade area before rubbing it skillfully in. I bit my lip holding a moan, that his warm strong hands were causing.

I flickered my eyes directly in front of me, to see Rafael's bulge. My cheeks heated up. He's always hard. Once he was done, he quickly retreated to my bathroom to wash the cream off his hands. I sat silently on my bed for a while, until I realized Rafael was watching me from my doorway, arms crossed, and a slight frown.

"Are you attracted to me? Because you act like you're not- but I know for a fact that you are." I huffed, standing up.

"If a man says they're not attracted to you, then they're fuçking blind, León," Rafael said, staring at me as if it were a dumb question to ask. "Why are you so determined for me to fuçk you? Could it be, because of Leo?' He used a mocking tone. "Rebound sęx with the nearest forbidden person."

He's right, isn't he? You want someone to make you forget about Leo.

"No, because I know you're trying to cover who you really ar-"

Rafael laughed, shaking his head and walking towards me. "Who I really am?"

I gulped, nodding my head.

"Alright ask me a question. Now that you've taken your vow." He pointed out the last part as if reminding me of one of his points.

"How long have you been working in the Mafia?" I asked, his eyes glazed over.

"Since I was sixteen."

Sixteen? Jesus, so young! How on earth did he get into a mess like that?

"Why?" I frowned, watching him tense.

"Next question." His tone was gruff.

"That's not fair!" I protested, his eyes were growing angry.

"I don't play fair, Amor." He was dead serious.

"How many men have you killed?" I moved on, a little scared of his answer.

"Sorry that I don't keep a list of how many." He said, sarcastically. "It's either kill or be killed."

An image of the Russian guy in my apartment came to mind, If Rafael didn't kill him, what would have happened? I didn't speak, I didn't move. I stared at him, the way his features tensed, the way his eyes defied how he was really feeling.

"If you want to get over your ex, I'm all yours, Christina. We both know what you want. You want my Spanish chorizo inside of you, you want me to punish that tight pusśy of yours because you've managed to find yourself a criminal, and daddy isn't too proud is he?" A chastising smirk appeared on his face.