Tattoo

"I don't want to go, I want to look for Isaac"

"Just go to school, it will take your mind off things" Derek said with a sigh.

"My boyfriend is missing and there's a fricking alpha pack hunting us down. And I'm going to go out of my freaking mind very soon!"

Derek narrowed his eyes. "Boyfriend?"

"Uh, yeah..." I trailed off awkwardly.

"When did this officially happen?"

"Does it matter?"

"Well, yeah" Derek said in a duh tone. "I'm going to have to keep a closer eye on that boy" he mumbled.

"If he's even still alive" My Uncle's voice said from behind me.

"You're not helping" I snapped.

He held his hands up in defence.

"You do realise that Isaac, Erica and Boyd have all been taken by the alpha pack, right?" He said.

"No, really. I would never have guessed" I said sarcastically, throwing in an eye roll.

Derek looked down at the floor and I could practically see his mind churning things over.

"Anyway, what about me? Why haven't I been taken yet? They had a perfect opportunity the other night when I was alone in the woods"

"Maybe they just don't want to put up with your sarcasm" My uncle suggested.

"Well maybe I don't want to put up with your sarcasm" I retorted.

"Then why are you still here?"

"Because I'm helping my brother. And correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you kill my sister? And didn't Derek kill you. Clearly, that's a sign that nobody really wants you around. So why are you still here" I challenged.

"Because like you, Shay, I am helping too"

I scoffed. "You don't even know the meaning of the word help"

"Wow. Where has all of this 'I hate my Uncle Peter' stuff come from"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I presumed you had got the message that I despise you when I first saw you again"

"Stop!" Derek bellowed.

I turned away from Peter to face my brother.

"Go to school, Shay"

"Derek, I am not going to school" I said sternly.

"You heard your brother, Shay"

"SHUT UP" Derek and I yelled simultaneously at our uncle.

"Wow guys, these negative vibes towards me are really starting to hurt"

"Oh, just piss off. Haven't you got some more family murders to plot or something" I scoffed.

"Fine. I can see when I'm not wanted" My uncle turned away and left the room.

"Derek, can you please kill him again"

"Not unless you go to school"

I groaned. "Are you serious?"

"Yes. I'm serious. I'll call you if there's any news, okay. It's only been slightly over twenty four hours. There's still time to find him"

"Promise?"

"Promise"

~

"Freshmen. Tons and tons of fresh men" Lydia said, with a smile playing on her lips.