~49~

Merry Christmas Guys 🎄🎄❤️❤️

Dedicated to simply_mhee ♥️♥️

                             ~KUNMI~

The room was silent for two or three minutes, a deafening silence that made it even impossible for me to hear my thoughts.

Maybe we should all leave.

"Oh My God!" Gabriella's voice diverted all our attention to the bed, except Sophia who looked like she couldn't even see us, as if she was alone in her room. Gab was initially lying down but now, she sat up with a start and she stretched, moving her body that way and this way.

"This silence in this room is so loud that I can't even hear a thing from the audio book I'm listening to. This is supposed to be a birthday party, not a funeral."

A birthday party with just four people? Five including the celebrant, the celebrant who looked like she'd rather be anywhere but with us, like our presence was even causing her more pain than anything.

"You know what?" She asked, standing up from the bed and walking towards the door. "Lemme get the cake, there can't be a birthday party without a cake."

And she stepped out before I could even bat an eyelid. I was still trying to wrap my head around how we were supposed to make this work when the door opened again and Gab stepped inside carrying a huge box of cake that even appeared to be bigger than her. She walked to where Sophia sat and she put the cake right in front of her. The movement seemed to jolt Sophia out of her reverie and she looked up, more like look at everybody blankly before her eyes settled on the box in front of her. She just kept looking at the box blankly and when Gab opened the lid, her expression faltered for a second and then she smiled, chuckled even before she started laughing, a full blown laughter that made me to move back on my seat but I seemed to be the only surprised because if the others showed any sign, it was that of relief, Adam's shoulders slumped in replied, Alex removed his hand from Sophia's shoulder and Gab sat down beside her, a full smile that lightened up her whole face.

They were relieved that she was laughing at nothing after being extremely moody for what? Almost an hour?

"God! What do Stephanie take me for?" She asked, more to herself, in between laughter and she even had to tilt her head backwards, wipe her eyes with fingers to stop the looming tears because she was laughing so hard.

On God! I looked at the door to check if it was locked or not because, you never can say.

"God! Look at me, I was expecting a cake that'd complement my age and look at what she got me? Sponge Bob? Sponge Bob? For fuck's sake, I'm not 6."

"You're 6..." Adam started to say but he trailed off when she glared at him. "I mean, you have the brain of a 6 year old..." He trailed off again and realizing what he just said, his left hand found its way to his neck. "Sorry, that came out wrong, what I mean is you act like a six year old."

Aah! I tried to stifle my laughter but I failed miserably and before I knew it, I was laughing the rest joined in too except Adam who was trying hard not to laugh and Sophia who was looking at him, mouth slightly open as if she couldn't believe what he just said.

"Wait, wait," Sophia started to say before she trailed off and she pointed her index finger to herself. "Did you just refer to me as a 6 year old? Me? As in me? A whole me?"