26 - christmas day

CW: mature content and smut
-

As Christmas morning arrived, the window of Ginny's bedroom frosted over from the biting cold air of the outside. It hadn't snowed that winter at the Burrow but the ice still glazed over the ground in the mornings.

"Merry Christmas!" Hermione yawned, perching up in her bed while trying to tame her wily hair.

"Oo presents!" Ginny gushed, lifting up a stocking which was hung over the right-end poster of her bed.

Athena stretched her arms in the air, releasing a mighty yawn before finding a stocking placed on the floor next to her futon mattress.

The first present she picked out was concealed in festive wrapping paper and had a plush feel to it. There was a tag that hung off it that read:

Merry Christmas Athena
Lots of love, the Weasleys xxx

When she opened it, she pulled out a fern green woollen jumper with a white letter 'A' knitted into the middle. For courtesy, she threw the jumper over her pyjama top and revelled in the warmth of it.

The others received the same except Ginny's was a cornflower blue colour and Hermione's was a lovely crimson red.

Opening the other gifts, she had received plenty of chocolates and sweets from her friends, some being from Honeydukes and other varieties. Her mother and David gifted her a collection of novels which she would definitely take interest in reading. Fred and George gave her another one of their 'Skiving Snackboxes' and Hermione discreetly gifted her a book called 'Nifty Tips for Pregnancy - a Witch's Guide'.

She had also had a few presents from Cedric in her trunk that he had given before they left for the Christmas holidays and prior to knowing they would be seeing each other on the day. It turned out to be another charm for the bracelet he had given to her for her birthday, which was shaped as the head of a small, silver lion, as well as a selection of Honeydukes chocolates. She had gifted him a Sneakoscope in return as well as a few boxes of Bertie Bott's.

They enjoyed a delicious full English, Christmas Day breakfast which Mrs Weasley whipped up helped by David who had the gift of being a good chef.

"So the Diggory's will be here at one o'clock and I believe Remus is popping in for some grub later today," Mr Weasley announced from the head of the table.

"Splendid," Greta enthused. "It will be great to meet Cedric's parents, won't it Athena."

"Yes definitely," she replied, before shovelling in a mouthful of cooked sausage.

She had never met his parents formally but she had seen them before. It was two years ago at the Triwizard Tournament. It had been in the last task when he and Harry had managed to get out of the maze alive.

He made second place behind Harry who had grabbed the cup before him. However, it was all fun and games until Voldemort had returned.

"That was absolutely delicious," Greta beamed, placing her knife and fork next to each other on her plate and stood to wash it up. "Thank you so much Molly and David."

Seeing as Athena only had today to inform her mother of her news, she thought this would be the perfect time. Everyone was sat around the table, meaning Athena could discreetly whisper to Greta that she wanted to talk.