Chapter 170

Chapter 170 - Sure enough, people were more vulnerable when they weren't feeling well (1)

Little Wang miserably cried. He only knew that his mom bled and was feeling very unwell. That could only mean that she was dying, right? He had never bled that much. When he had accidentally cut his finger in kindergarten, he had only bled a little bit and felt that it hurt a lot. What about mom? Mom treated him as a little kid and refused to tell him...

Song Tingshen's complexion changed. With a solemn expression, he asked, "Little Wang, don't say nonsense. Tell me what happened."

Ruan Xia had been perfectly fine yesterday. Could she have gotten sick? That might be possible.

While coaxing Little Wang, he picked him up and walked to the neighboring room. He wanted to check on the situation, but there was nothing he could do. The door had closed on Little Wang's way out. He didn't have the key card and could only knock on the door.

Little Wang was sobbing as he answered, "The bed sheet... Mom bled so much and she feels really unwell too."

As soon as Song Tingshen heard these words, he understood what had happened.

After all, he was an adult. Not only had the biology teacher explained everything that should be explained, there were plenty of ads for sanitary pads. As a man in his thirties with a working IQ, it was impossible that he wouldn't have any common sense. Ruan Xia's period probably came.

Ruan Xia was still in the bathroom because of diarrhea. Hearing the knocking on the door, she guessed that it was Song Tingshen and hastily swiped to the WeChat interface on her phone. She sent him a message, "I'm okay. Go take Little Wang downstairs to eat. I'll come done later."

Song Tingshen felt relieved once he saw her message. He brought Little Wang back to his room. Seeing that there were still tears on Little Wang's chubby face, he coaxed him by saying, "Mom won't die. Little Wang, don't worry. Mom is just feeling unwell. Dad will explain this to you later, okay? How about you go watch TV by yourself for a bit? We'll wait for mom and have breakfast together, okay? If you're hungry, have a few bites of the bread on the coffee table."

Little Wang asked with a tearful voice, "Really?"

Song Tingshen nodded. "Dad has never lied to you. Don't worry. Mom is okay."

Little Wang finally stopped worrying. Although he was still a bit uncomfortable, he obediently went to the sofa and sat down in order to not bother his dad, who was exchanging messages with his mom on WeChat.

Song Tingshen could guess that Ruan Xia's period had come and from Little Wang's words, he could infer that she wasn't feeling well right now.

He had tutored a middle school girl when he was in college. By chance, her period had come during a tutoring session. She had been in so much pain that her parents sent her to the hospital. This left a deep impression on him.

Although he didn't have to concern himself with Ruan Xia and could just take Little Wang to eat breakfast, he didn't feel at ease. After thinking it over, he forced himself to send Ruan Xia a message. "Is there anything you need my help with? There's a convenience store downstairs. Feel free to tell me if there's anything you need to buy."

Ruan Xia was a bit embarrassed when she saw his message.

She had been planning on ordering that sanitary pads and having it delivered to her hotel room, but the several nearby convenience stores were currently taking a break. She had already called the female staff at the front desk. The service at this hotel was very good. The female staff said she would immediately send the housekeeper aunty over to change the sheets and bring her a sanitary pad. The amount of bleeding on the first day usually wasn't a lot. She had been planning on going downstairs to the convenience store and buying the sanitary pads herself once she put on one.