Chapter 71

The mighty queen was grief-stricken at the turn of events. She had never imagined in her life that someone disguised as her friend would objectify her as a mere sensual thing to satisfy his desires.

She was disgusted at herself for believing in the words of the sly prince of Shivgarh, Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh Rajput who feigned to be her friend just because she was the queen of Vijaygarh. She realized that she was right about him in the very beginning when she had an opinion that his sweet-nothings were just a way to usurp her throne.

Aparajita was deeply saddened as she realized that unknowingly she had broken the trust of her father who was confident that his daughter would never commit any wrong. She wiped her tears constantly as she sat on her pet horse and the animal quietly began walking towards the kingdom.

The eerie silence of the forest and harsh winds in the late hours of night seemed to give strength to the queen who was indeed, the victim of the immoral conspiracy Veerbhadra had planned for her.

The innocent queen was exhausted when she reached the palace late at night. All the way to the palace, she had decided to confess all her incorrigible acts in front of her father. She gathered all her guts as she rushed towards the bed chambers of her father, the old king Maharaja Vijay Singh Rathore because she could not wait till the morning.

The royal guards watching over the bed chambers of the old king were for once, shocked looking at the tiresome, yet dreadful appearance of the queen with a grief-stricken face and bloodied clothes. The old king was fast asleep when he heard the loud knocks on the wooden door. His heart began to thump loudly as all the fearful thoughts crossed his mind. He wondered if his kingdom was under an attack or his daughter was in some danger but little did he know that his daughter was broken beyond repair today.

He opened the door and demanded privacy instructing the royal servants to leave his chambers. He was astonished looking at the dejected appearance of his beautiful daughter whose mesmerizing face looked dreadful because of the tear-stains. Her captivating eyes were red and puffy. Her dress had red stains of blood.
Closing the doors behind him, the old king asked, “What happened, Aparajita?”

With unstoppable tears flowing from her eyes, Aparajita confessed everything from meeting the prince of Shivgarh during her encounter with the dacoits to the exchange of letter till the present day. Her father was indeed, disappointed and angry at the sly prince of Shivgarh.

No doubts, he had expected better from his daughter but as of now, he realized it was necessary to give the much-needed support to the seventeen year old girl who had broken her heart in the most ridiculous way. He wished if his wife was alive to console their daughter at her first heartbreak but he also figured out the need to be act like a mother to his young daughter for a while.

Engulfing his daughter in a warm hug, he cajoled her, “Cry Aparajita, cry. Cry as much you want tonight because tomorrow you will have to take revenge for every single drop of tear that has trickled down from your eye.”

Aparajita’s sobs subsided into hiccups, as she found warmth in the affectionate embrace of her father. Apologizing, she said, “Sorry, father. I am sorry. I failed as a queen. I failed as your daughter.”

“”My child, you are the apple of my eye. You just did a blunder but it is okay, to make mistakes. You heard to your heart and neglected the voice of your brain because you could not see real face but I am glad that when truth came out in front of you, Aparajita, you were able to take the best decision”, the old king explained to his daughter consoling her.

Like a little girl who was afraid of darkness, Aparajita had been hugging her father. Rubbing her back, the old king whispered, “I trust you, my dear daughter and I am elated that the adversity is averted. You can never fail me, my upbringing and your kingdom, Vijaygarh.”

Aparajita smiled as she felt grateful to have such an understanding father who respected her and supported her even when she had put her pride at stake moments ago by visiting the sly prince at the odd hours. She shuddered imagining the consequences in case Veerbhadra would have succeeded in his plans.

“Father, I want to take revenge against this insult. I want to attack Shivgarh at the dawn.” Aparajita expressed his demand as she expected an affirmative answer but she was disappointed at the words of her father.

“Dear daughter, Vijaygarh does not attacks first”, Maharaja Vijay Singh Rathore smirked while his daughter looked at him with frustration in her eyes.

Before Aparajita could question her father, the old and experienced king spoke, “Daughter, avenge your insult by insulting the crown prince in his territory, the royal court of Shivgarh.”

“How?” Aparajita questioned her father with a spark in her eyes. She wanted to avenge her insult but she could not understand the riddles her father was presenting to her.

The old king smirked and went to his study table. Sitting on the royal upholstered chair, the king adjusted the earthen lamp to increase the brightness of his chambers while his daughter observed him with astonishment.

Maharaja Vijay Singh Rathore dipped the feather in red ink and began to scribble something on a royal cloth while Aparajita walked to him with curiousness in her eyes. She wondered what her father was up to but soon the lines of worries on her forehead transformed into a gleeful smile on her lips as she peeped on her father’s shoulder to read the contents of the letter.

After completing the letter, the old king smirked as he folded the letter and passed it to his daughter saying, “Dear daughter, write this letter by yourself and sign it. Ask one of the royal messengers to deliver it to Shivgarh tomorrow”.

“Are you sure, respected father?” Aparajita enquired once again to which the old king smirked and responded, “Vijaygarh doesn’t initiate a war but Vijaygarh can provoke for a war.”

With a grateful smile on her face, the mighty queen was overwhelmed to have unwavering support of her father. With high hopes for future, she rushed to her bed chambers determined to act on the advice of her father who was indeed, an experienced king.

❤❤❤

Hi everyone

How are you all doing?

Well! This is the new update. 😍

A pillar of support in the family is much needed. I wanted to bring out this only. A father who has made his daughter, a ruler of a kingdom must understand her feelings. Hopefully, you didn't find it unreasonable. 🙂

What's in the letter? 🤔

To know the answer to the above question, stay tuned 😉

Please hit the ⭐ button and share your views in the chapter.

I will back soon 💙💙💙💙

Love you all
💜