♠ 3

"What we show and pretend to everyone isn't the truth always"

Nandini is walking through the corridor when she bumps into Divya

"I'm sorry.." Nandini said looking down.

"It's ok. You don't need to be sorry" Divya said with a smile.

Nandini didn't said anything and leaves for her room. She sits on the bed with anger on her face and tears in eyes.

At night, after work Gauri enters the room to find Nandini sleeping. She sighed and moved to her.

"Princess.. wake up... Princess Nandini, wake up please.." Gauri said shaking her.

Nandini slowly opens her eyes to see Gauri. She rubbed her eyes and sat straight on bed "What happened?"

"You haven't have food since morning. So, I bought some for you. Have this and then you can sleep" Gauri said forwarding her plate of food with a smile.

"I'm in no mood to eat anything Gauri" Nandini said lying down on the bed again with a dull face.

"I know princess you are missing your family but trust me they must be fine" Gauri said.

"I just want to meet them for once. I'm missing them.." Nandini said with tear filled eyes.

"See princess, if that's the problem so you can request Our Majesty to allow you to meet them" Gauri said making Nandini sit.

"That monster! Never. I'll stay like this but never beg him.." Nandini said with a disgusted face.

"Princess, he's king here. You can't call him by names. If he'll hear this, we won't be spared..." Gauri said with a hushed voice.

"Why are you scared of him so much. What can he do? He can't do anything more than either prisoning or killing us! Monter!" Nandini said being irritated.

"If you aren't scared of him princess, then it's fine but I'm not as courageous as you. I can't bear his anger" Gauri said and lies on her side of bed. "Have the food please princess.."

Nandini sighed and stood near the window watching the sky. She ate few bites of food and went off to sleep.

Next morning both Nandini and Gauri get ready and move to their work.

Both moves to the kitchen. Nandini as doesn't know how to cook, she did other small chores. After doing her work Nandini went to Manik's room for serving him his food.

"Can I come in..." Nandini said standing on Manik's door.

Manik without looking at her just signalled her to come inside.

"Umm... Your food.." Nandini said standing beside him in a low voice.

Manik recignized the voice and looks at her. "Arrange the food on the table.."