Southwest: Storytellers On The Rise Contest Official Rules

By participating in the Southwest: Storytellers On The Rise Contest ("Contest"), each entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Southwest Airlines ("Prize Provider") and Wattpad Corp. ("Sponsor"), which are final and binding in all matters.

1. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (EXCLUDING ALASKA), NINETEEN (19) YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER, WHO ENTER FROM WITHIN THE 50 UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA.

To participate in the Contest, you must submit your entry of a short story about a travel experience that made a profound impact on your life and post as a new story on Wattpad.com ("Website") during the period beginning at 9:00:00 am Pacific Time ("PT") on January 4, 2021 and ending 11:59:59 pm PT on February 28, 2021 ("Entry Period"). To enter, visit the Travel profile Wattpad.com/user/travel (the "Contest Profile") and follow the instructions provided ("Instructions") on how to submit your short story inspired by Wattpad Writing (each, an "Entry"). Your Entry must include the tag #SouthwestContest to be valid. All Entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. PST February 28, 2021 to be eligible. Eligible entrants may enter as many times as they wish (with valid, unique, and original Entries) during the Entry Period. Entries must comply with the Entry requirements set forth herein to be valid. If you do not already have a Website account, you will be required to create one in order to enter. Creating an account is free as of the publication of these Official Rules. All Website terms and conditions apply. Accounts or Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means will be void. Website's clock will be the official time-keeping device for the Contest. Individuals who do not follow all of the instructions and/or abide by these Official Rules or other instructions of Sponsor may be disqualified.

Entrants may not enter with multiple e-mail addresses or accounts nor may entrants use any other device or artifice to enter multiple times or as multiple entrants. Any entrant who attempts to enter with multiple e-mail addresses, accounts, under multiple identities, or uses any device or artifice to register multiple times will be disqualified and forfeits any and all prizes won, in Sponsor's sole discretion. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same e-mail address or account. Should multiple users of the same e-mail address or account enter the Contest and a dispute thereafter arise regarding the identity of the entrant, the authorized account holder of said e-mail address or account at the time of entry will be considered the entrant. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address or the account by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, Sponsor, or other organization which is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or accounts or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the Authorized Account Holder.

All Entries (including all content included therein) must meet the following criteria:

-Each entry must be in English, the entrant's original work, and may not exceed 1,000 words in length (as indicated in the Wattpad desktop experience). Each entrant must have all rights necessary to post and submit his/her Entry.

-Entries must comply with these Official Rules and Wattpad's Terms of Service, Privacy Policy, Code of Conduct and Content Guidelines which can be found here https://policies.wattpad.com/terms.

-Entries must not infringe on the intellectual property or other rights of any third party. It is each entrant's responsibility to ensure that he/she has all necessary rights to submit the Entry (with the exception of any rights associated with Prize Provider) and to grant Sponsor and Prize Provider the rights described in these Official Rules. Entrant will indemnify Sponsor and Released Parties (as defined below) from any claims to the contrary.