77. MARK YOUR CALENDAR

"THIS IS RIDICULOUS

"THIS IS RIDICULOUS." The words fall from Aliyah's tongue as she looks down at the vision board she's compiling. She presses a hand to her growing belly, feeling the slight kick from her child, "Isn't this ridiculous, baby? None of the colors match."

Elijah glances up from where he was reading through a text book for his surgery the next day and sees the furrowed eyebrows on his fiancé's (WHEW THE WAY THIS MADE ME SMILE WRITING IT) face, "Are you talking to me or the baby?"

She lifts the swatches up so he can see, "Do you prefer baby pink or like a turqoise?"

He tilts his head, "Both." Aliyah gives him a look, "Neither?"

"Good choice." She grins, innocently before turning the swatches back to face her, her smile falling, "Or should we? What about grey?"

Seeing as Aliyah's pregnancy brain is keeping her from making a decision, Elijah scans her face, a small smirk growing on his.

While Aliyah is sat up in bed by the headboard, Oreo is sleeping in the middle, despite it being the middle of the day, and Elijah is sat in the chair pulled up to his side of the bed.

"Is this for the nursery or the wedding?" Elijah tries to clarify to make it easier on himself.

"Neither. The baby shower." Aliyah laughs, "Mommy said she was gonna plan it but she asked for some colors to base it off of."

"Why not yellow?" Elijah questions, "You like yellow."

"But you hate yellow. We gotta do something we both fuck with."

"I don't hate yellow." The doctor flips a page, "It's just not my favorite color."

Aliyah flips through one of the magazines she grabbed from the stack that she made Elijah purchase on his way home, "You don't even like any colors, do you? You're like the Grinch of colors."

Elijah scrunches his face up in thought, "That would suggest I like green."

"Oh, is that the case?"

"That is the case." Elijah winks at her before pausing, "Have you talked to Ky recently?"

Aliyah raises an interested eyebrow, "I mean yeah, we talked this morning about his graduation. It's May 30 so mark your calendar."

"Anything else?"

The wedding planner squints in confusion, "Is there supposed to be something else?"

"No," Elijah pokes out his bottom lip, "Not at all."

Aliyah narrows her eyes. The couple have been together long enough for her to know when her fiancé is hiding something from her, "Elijah. You know I don't have the energy to run you down so please make it easy on your beautiful, dear future-wife and tell me what's up."

He raises an innocent eyebrow with pursed lips, "I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Acting like I won't figure it out," In a swift move, she grabs the pillow on his side of the bed and throws it at him. He catches it, however, and sticks his tongue out at her, "I know it's something about Kyree."

Elijah shrugs and looks back to his textbook, "I have no clue what you're talking about, babe."

"Man," She draws out, "Don't play with me today. This child right here has been kicking up a storm in my belly. I'm not with the games today."

Elijah throws his head back with a laugh, eyes trained on the ceiling as he says his next words, "Baby, I swear, there's nothing going on."

"Hmm, say it again," She starts, "But more convincing this time."

"Shut up," A laugh bubbles out of Elijah's throat as Oreo finally wakes up from his midday nap, "Hey, buddy. Wanna go for a walk and leave mommy to stir in her thoughts?"

Immediately, the puppy jumps up and runs towards his dad, small legs propelling him off the bed onto Elijah's lap.

Aliyah gasps in offense, "You traitor."

Oreo gives her an innocent look, not sure what he did wrong.

"Don't be mean to baby Oreo," Elijah cuddles the dog, a smile on his face, "He just has his facts straight about who's the better parent."

"Ha ha ha."

Elijah rests his textbook on the bed and leans forward, his face an inch from Aliyah's. She pouts in his face, trying to put on an angry front but failing immensely. Her eyes analyze his blue ones, the annoyance that she felt for him fading away like he cast a spell on her.

He kisses her forehead and holds her close, "I love you."

"Eh," She rolls her eyes and turns away, her facial expression similar to the grinch when Cindy Lou had invited him to be Holiday Cheermeister.

"Come on, now." Elijah tickles her side, earning a laugh in return.

"Stop 'fore I kick you in your throat." She warns, laughter still bubbling out of her.

Elijah gasps, dramatically, "Such violence. Our child's gonna come out of you a black belt in karate."

She lifts her shirt to reveal her smooth belly, the occasional footprint appearing below her skin. She points, "Who you think I got it from?"

With that, Elijah scooches back and leans forward, face-to-womb with his fiancé. He presses a kiss to her belly, "I love you too."

"Yeah," Aliyah says, softly, looking down at her pregnant belly, "He loves you so much, he's gonna get you and mommy a tub of dairy-free mango sherbet so we don't starve to death."

Elijah kisses Aliyah's lips, "Sherbet isn't food."

"It is today." The woman responds, not missing a beat. She pecks his lips again, trying to get on his good side, "I love you too." She looks to Oreo who was already staring at them with wide eyes, "You're skating on thin ice, mister."

As if he understood her, Oreo jumps forward and lands right beside her, cuddling his head on her belly. This is his newest habit but Aliyah wouldn't have it any other way.

"Alright, I love you too." She kisses his furry head, "Now go with daddy before you pee all over the bed."

I KNOW THIS IS SHORT AND I KNOW THAT ITS LATE AND I'M SO SORRY BUT HERE IS THE LAST UPDATE OF 2020 ‼️‼️‼️🎊🎊🎊

the level of writers block i had is insurmountable omfg — i just needed a good lil sit-down on the toilet to help me out of it 😊😊

i wanna try a lil thing — see if you can guess the baby's name.

im giving zero (0) hints btw

winner gets... idk lmfaoaoao the knowledge that you're right ?? AKAIAKAIAHS