A Rare Kind Of Fever

*Y/N has contracted a rare kind of fever*

                      No one at Hogwarts besides Dumbledore and Hagrid knew I was a werewolf, or about the discovery of Werewolf Fever. My mother had told me all about it when I began to transform. After all, I was born a werewolf. I needed to know. I never had expected to get Werewolf Fever. After all, it wasn't contagious and it was rare. Very rare. She had told me all about the symptoms. Head ache, coughing up blood, vomiting, canine teeth lengthening, growing wolf ears and tail, fever (of course), feeling weak, chills, shortness of breath, accidently speaking in wolf language,  and the loss of joy. 

                     When I had woken up this morning, I felt dull and kind of sad. Nothing like I usually do. I got up to go put on my Slytherin uniform when suddenly I fell back down into my bed. I groaned, feeling sickly. My head began to spin and ache, and I struggled to breath properly. Heat had spread through my body. Draco, my best friend, poked his head in to check on me. "Oi! Y/N! Don't you want to get up to talk to your girlfriend?" His eyes widened as I bared my teeth at him, a low growl in my throat. I writhed in agony as my lower back and the top of my head began to radiate pain. 

                       "Y/N...." I barked at him first, then I spoke in English again. "For Merlin's sake Malfoy! Get Dumbledore!" He nodded swiftly, concern dripping off his voice as he replied. "Okay, Y/N!" You looked at the mirror you had put up on the side of your bed (you had a seperate room from everyone else since Dumbledore knew you were different). My eyes widened in horror as I saw furry black ears on the top of my head, and a fluffy black tail tucked between my legs. I opened my mouth and saw my lengthened canines. I knew for sure that I had Werewolf Fever.

                     "Shit....no...." Just then, Hermione dashes into my room, out of breath. She placed an oddly cold hand on my forehead, and she whimpered. "Baby....you're burning up..." Only then did she realize that I had a wolf's ears and tail. "O-oh, Merlin..." She looked at me closely as I barked at her. "Love, I have no clue what you're saying." I cleared my throat. I ended up letting out a whine. She shook her head in disbelief. Then Dumbledore rushed in, his magnificent blue eyes still as calm as ever.

                      "Is this what I think it is, Y/N?" Draco happened to be in here as well. "What do you think it is?" I coughed up blood onto my pillow at that point. I croaked out a response as Hermione began to tear up at my ill state. "W-Werewolf Fever. It's rare and it's not contagious. There isn't a known cure. Some werewolves die of it." Hermione ran her fingers through my h/c hair and her tears began to fall. "No..." Draco looked like he was about to cry as well, as it was also evident in his voice. He managed to croak out, "Can it heal over time? Like, cancel itself out or something?" 

                         "I don't know. I've only heard the stor-" I summoned a bag with my wand quickly and threw up into it as I abrupty cut myself off. I threw up blood. Nothing but dark red blood. Dumbledore looked inside the bag as blood dripped from the corner of my mouth. He seemed calm, but the storm brewing in his eyes said otherwise. Hermione braced herself and peeked inside the bag. "Oh Merlin, Y/N!" she gasped, tears streaming down my face. I let out a low whine, cleaning my pillow with a spell. 

                   Dumbledore spoke calmly. "I'm sure you'll be alright." Hermione and Draco hissed a response at him, both crying. "WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN SHE'LL BE ALRIGHT??!!" Both Hermione and Draco yelled, both rambling on about how it was impossible for me to get Werewolf Fever if I wasn't a werewolf and about how I would've told them if I was, and about how I might die. I let out a loud bark, making the shut up. "For the love of Dumbledore, shut up! My head hurts enough without you two shouting." 

              I took a deep breath. "I am a werewolf. I just never told you. So it is entirely possible for me to get it. Draco, haven't you ever wondered where I am every full moon, or why I have Wolfsbane on me at all times?" Draco muttered a reply. "I just thought you were with Hermione every full moon...And I just never questioned the Wolfsbane..." Hermione took a shaky breath as I collapsed onto my pillow, groaning in agony. "It's so hot in here!" Dumbledore finally let himself look worried as he pressed the back of his hand to my forehead. "This is....really bad..."

                 Hermione then gets an idea. "What if we try combining the Pepperup Potion with the Wolfsbane?" Draco wiped his bloodshot eyes. "It's worth a shot." Dumbledore nodded. "I suppose. Y/N? Are you okay with this?" I nodded with a loud whine. I just wanted the pain to leave. I pulled out a bottle of Wolfsbane from my bookshelf where I put my school books, then handed it to Dumbledore. Moments later, I realize Draco had run out and made a Pepperup Potion, along with Snape as he had come with Draco. "Here...!" He panted, out of breath. They began to fuse the two potions together, putting it in a new bottle. It had turned into a metallic gold color with pink steam flowing out faintly. 

                I took it from Serverus. It felt nice in cold in my hot hands while I eyed it warily. Serverus gave me a gentle look of encouragement. With a shaky breath, I brought the potion up to my mouth. Before I drank it, I looked at Serverus with anxiety. "Do I down the whole thing??" He nodded, and with one swift move (so you wouldn't chicken out), I gulped down the whole thing. You put the bottle down, and suddenly you felt the effect.

               I felt my skin cool, (which was even more noticable because Hermione was holding your hand now), I felt my headache disappear. My fangs began to slide in, and my ears and tail began to disappear, replacing them with my normal human features. My throat that was once sore from coughing up and throwing up hot blood was feling so much better, and my natural pep came back. Hermione, who was sitting beside me, watching in amazement as I became stronger, looked excited at the discovery of a new healing potion.

           I leaped up from where I was sitting, just to tackle Hermione in a vicious hug and kisses all over her face. "I think she feels better!" she laughed. Dumbledore looked relieved. He looked out my window. "It took all day though. The moon is all the way up!" I breathed a sigh of relief. It was only a half moon. Draco turned to Snape. "So, what will we call the potion? I mean, we are going to share the cure, aren't we?" Serverus nodded at Dumbledore, who smiled in agreement. "Yes. But I think Y/N should name it. After all, she is the first werewolf to use this cure."

          Hermione, Snape, Dumbledore, and Draco all turned to me, waiting for me to name it. "I...uh...." I took a moment, but eventually I found a suitable name. "Wolf's Mint? I mean, I felt this cooling sensation when I used it, and it reminded me of mints..." Hermione grinned and hugged me, along with Draco. "It's perfect!" I hugged them back, and I watched as Dumbledore and Severus both wrote letters to the Ministry of Magic. "They'll be pleased to inform your kind of this, Y/N." Hermione kissed me all over my face while Draco went on excitedly about how it was almost time for me to tranform again. I kissed Hermione's temple and ruffled Draco's ice-blonde hair. I think things are looking up.