~51~

Dedicated to Emewata ❤️❤️

                                 ~Kunmi~

The new week started with the preparations of the Art and literacy week, that was Sophia's niche and she threw herself right into it. Everything about her now about the Art and Literacy Week, she skipped lunches for the preparations, hardly talk in class and she even stopped making all her silly jokes. This Sophia was even worst than the Sophia I met when I joined the school. At least, the Sophia then was always smiling and talking with Adam and Kunle, the Sophia now was basically non existent, she filtered in and out of the classes, her hands tucked into the pockets of her jacket and a blank, almost eerie look on her face.

Even if I wanted to ask her if she was okay, which was a useless question by the way because she obviously wasn't okay, I couldn't ask her because she was barely in a particular place for more than a minute. She kept to herself in class too and every time a teacher was in class, her eyes would follow even the smallest they were making, eyes fixed on the white board as if she was actively listening but I knew she wasn't, that she was barely in the class at all.

Safe to say I missed her, a whole lot.

Over time, I had gotten used to her extremely weird personality, to the way she talks and all that. I had gotten used to we'd be in the middle of one conversation and then, out of the blues, she'd divert all our attention only to say something totally stupid and unrelated to the conversation at all.

She was all shades of spontaneous and crazy and weird and childish and even stupid at times but that's actually the best thing about her. She is someone you wouldn't know how much energy she brings to the people around her until she shuts down.

Like these past days.

Maybe it wasn't just about Sophia's extremely bad mood, maybe it was all about the whole confrontation thing with Aminah that led to Kunle raising his voice at her and then subsequently led to both Aminah and Kunle skipping the hangout at her house. But then, Kunle ended up showing up that night and I honestly thought they'd be able to talk things through but coming to school the next Monday and seeing Sophia the way she was, I knew without a doubt that things definitely took a turn for worse that night.

And then, Aminah,

She hadn't been her usual chirpy self too, not the talkative and always carefree girls. She practically stopped initiating conversations with me, she kept to herself and wouldn't even talk unless talked to.

I did not even know what to make of that.

Kunle too, he just threw himself into practice that I did not even see him around anymore.

The only times those two appear perfectly normal was whenever they were together. It was only then that Aminah would be her usual self and Kunle would be the fun loving Kunle that I was getting used to.

At least, they both derived real happiness from each other, that's a sign of real love, right?

And then, there was Adam.

I was strangely getting paranoid and uncomfortable and the fact that he was now so busy with designing the school's hall and the placards and the other things that'd be used during the Art and literacy week simply wasn't helping matters. The more time he spent designing or drawing, the more I felt kinda detached from him and that was because of that night at Sophia's house when he locked his screen the moment I turned to look at it.

I've not been able to stop thinking that, about what that could possibly mean or be.

"Hey! Why do you look so gloomy?"