~54~

A friend and a fellow writer lost account, so automatically, she lost her books, her views, followers and everything. She already created her new one Wendy_Opurum ,I know some of her readers are mine too so you guys should follow her and give her the support she deserves 🙏🙏

                             ~SOPHIA~

No matter how hard I tried to get that girl's, I mean the weird junior during the Mental Health Awareness voice out of my head, the more I actually remembered her words, her tone, the calmness and eerie feel to it. That girl scared me with her words and only God knows the kind of thing she'd have gone through to make someone as small and young as her to talk in that way, to carry that much pain within her.

Thinking about her was shattering but I still found myself thinking about her from time to time. Maybe because thinking about her was better than thinking about Stephanie and Kunle. Hers was a foreign pain that I could act immune to because I wasn't walking in her footsteps.

Stephanie was back at home fully. I've heard her talk to our parents and Stephen, convinced them to make her stay at home and she'd only go for her treatments from home. I just planned on ignoring her and just going my own way in the house but living in the same house with and with my sister being the extremely humane human that she was, my defence started wearing down and soon enough, we were talking like we used to and ignoring that one big going on with her.

We were basically back to the old days, two sisters totally in love with each other with the almighty cancer hovering over us.

It was the day after our mental health awareness campaign and I was in my room with the two pests, Alex and Gab. The two of them were coming over every single day that I was starting to believe that they must have been exiled from their own houses.

"Guys, I finally got my glasses. Now, I'm a complete intellect."

Gab said out of nowhere from where she was sitting on floor like someone begging for alms. She brought her so called glasses out, smiled brightly at the gold rimmed glasses before putting it on.

"Guys, how do I look with my glasses?"

"Like a nerd." Alex's reply was instantaneous.

"Like Gauis from Merlin."

"Oh God! Look at the both of you being jealous of me. It's not my fault that I was born with this brain."

She gestured fervently to her head and Alex shook his head while tapping his palatal with his tongue and I could tell that he was feeling incredibly sorry for his best friend.

I was feeling that same way too.

"Sophia, how far? You and Kunle are cool now?"

Alex asked suddenly, out of the blues from where he was leaning against one of the couches, shocking me with the question, causing me to remember things I'd rather not remember and there was a total silence for a minute or two before I finally replied.

"And who told you we ain't cool?"

"It's so obvious, it's practically written on your forehead."

Really? My lips curved in a sardonic smile.

"Really? And what about you? Are you...?"

"Eeh Eeh! Guys, guys, just stop," Gab butted in, putting her two hands out to either of us. "Just stop bickering like grumpy grandparents. This is why you should all try to be like me, zero love story, zero heartbreaks. Physics and Chemistry are definitely not going to break my heart."