Inferno

-Third Person POV-

Y/N slowly peeled his eyes open as light shone into his room through the bedside window.  Mumbling about how he missed being able to sleep in, he slowly got out of bed, so not to wake his roommate, Maverick.  Y/N was a new recruit for the anti-terrorist group known as Team Rainbow.  He transferred from the U.S. army as soon as he saw how much of a problem terrorism was becoming.  The head of the organization, Six, as she was called, welcomed him aboard as one of her own, and was well received by many of the operators, and others, not so much.  Y/N couldn't help but think about one of those said operators.  The beautiful Brazilian, codenamed Caveira, had been on his mind since he got here, though it was obvious she didn't think highly of him.  Later on, he was informed by Maverick that Caveira is never the sweetest to anyone, especially the newbies, but she eventually warms up to their presence at base.

"Awake already, huh?"  Y/N turned to see Maverick getting out of his bed, yawning in the process.  Y/N chuckled whilst grabbing a change of cloths and stepping into the bathroom.

"Been up for some time already, bed head!" Y/N teased Maverick.  While he got changed, he heard Maverick's laughing, and cracked a smile.  Hopefully, he'll get Caveira to laugh like that.  So far, she's tough as the Sphynx.  When he stepped out of the bathroom, Maverick was looking at him, the corner of his mouth cracked into a small smile.  "What?" Y/N asked.

"You were fantasizing again, weren't you?" Maverick teased.  It didn't take a genius, though not that Maverick was one, to know Y/N had a thing for Caveira.  Blushing, Y/N shrugged.

"Kinda can't help it.  She's beautiful" Y/N said, half in trance.  Snapping back to reality, he stepped out of the bathroom, allowing Maverick to change into his training attire.  The whole team had outdoor scenario training today, and it was Lion's turn to set up the course.  Y/N admired Lion, though he wasn't the nicest op in the building.  If anything, he seemed to despise Y/N even more than Caveira did.  Nevertheless, he was looking forward to the training, hoping he could show off for Caveira a bit, and maybe be on her team even.  Once Maverick got out of the bathroom, the two headed to the mess hall, in which was pretty packed already.  After getting their waffle breakfasts, they sat down at their now-normal table, a group consisting of Y/N, Maverick, Montange, Ash, Doc, and Valkyrie. 

"Ah the bedheads are finally up!" Montange joked, taking a bite of his waffle.

"Save you're energy for the training, Hulk" Y/N teased back, sitting between Ash and Doc.  "You're gonna need it".  The group all nodded in agreement.

"Why does Lion like to make 'em so difficult?" Valkyrie asked. 

"It's more realistic" Ash shrugged.

"There is such thing as TOO realistic, ya know" Y/N said, looking at Ash, who shrugged again.

"Think of it this way:  The more realistic and challenging the training is, the less time we have to spend in the gym." Ash stated, looking back at Y/N with a smug grin.

"That is coming from you?" Doc asked, shocked.  "Miss Morning Marathon?"  Ash stuck her tongue out at Doc, who laughed at the mockery.

"At least I go for runs" Ash taunted.  Doc stopped laughing and cocked his head.

"Ugh, now you've done it" Maverick muttered.

"You're dead today" Doc taunted.  "Prepare to be the first one eliminated"

"Game on" Ash countered.  Doc smirked, and looked next to him at Y/N, who, he had just noticed, seemed to be in a trance.

"Earth to Y/N, do you copy?" Doc asked, nudging Y/N.