27.

I think I could get used to this life.
It's infinitely ordinary.

Reminder this is a double update! Please make sure you read chapter 26 before reading this one!!!

STERLING'S POV:

"Isn't this completely illegal?" I ask as all of us stand on the empty baseball field. The sky is dark around us, and the grass on the field is dewey and wet. I snuck out. Left my house without my dad knowing, and he'll never know.

"And so what? What's the worst that could happen?" Carson asks, flipping his baseball bat in his hands.

"Well it's a class A misdemeanor if a person unlawfully enters and or remains on private property in the state of Oregon. Facing anything from 6 months to jail, or a fine up to 1,000 US Dollars." Harry spouts off. "But you're right, what's the worst that could happen?" He asks, and shakes his head.

"Oh shut up, we don't need your facts right now. We're going to have fun." He tells us, and I shake my head. Harry puts his backpack down, taking out a baseball, running to the middle of the field to go pitch it to him.

"Why did you want to come here anyway? You woke me up for this." I sit down on the grass near him, and he shakes his head, preparing himself before Harry pitches. He gets in place, and Harry does too, taking position and pitching straight to Carson. His pitch was good, amazing even. Carson hits it at the perfect time, and he watches as it flies, a loud crack sounding from the bat as it connects with the ball. I cheer out, and clap my hands, already knowing that Carson was good. He plays baseball... but Harry I never knew he was good at sports.

"Harry, what the hell?" I laugh out, clapping my hands. "I had no idea you could... sport." I wave my hands, and he shrugs.

"That was a backspin pitch. The magnus force up causes the ball to fall slower than other pitches which makes it look like it's rising when in reality it's not." He tells me.

"Great so science makes you good at sports... I suck, now throw another one to me megamind." Carson urges, his attitude comes out.

"Dude.. What crawled up your ass and died, why are you upset?" I ask, and hear another crack.

"Because I am." He tells me. I sigh out, shaking my head, and Harry looks at me shrugging his shoulders.

"I know you've got a lot of other friends, but you're our only friend. So.. It's not like we're going to tell anyone else anything." Harry tries to comfort him, but Carson just preps for another pitch. Harry reaches down, grabbing another ball, and gives in, pitching to him, and watching as Carson hits once more.

"Where are you guys going to school after we graduate?" Carson asks quietly, letting the end of the bat hit the ground, his eyes following so he looks at his feet.

"I don't know... Stanford maybe.." Harry shrugs, and I stay quiet, looking between both of them. They both look at me right away, waiting for my answer.

"Well?" Carson asks me, and I shrug.

"Yale.. Maybe." I shrug again, and Harry looks at Carson.

"Why are you asking.. Wait did you just say Yale?" Harry starts talking to Carson, but turns back to me as soon as it clicks in his mind what I had said. I shrug again, and nod.

"I don't know.. Maybe.. Is that a bad thing?" I ask, and Harry drops the ball in his hand walking towards me.

"No.. No baby of course that's not a bad thing, I had no idea you.. I didn't know you were interested in Yale, I had no idea you were... I just didn't know." He crouches down in front of me, and takes my hands.