√ THREE √

The young doctor laughed lightly as he opened his drawer and brought out a long chocolate before throwing it towards her.

Ike caught the chocolate with one hand as she placed it beside her. She took another spoon of her ice cream as she glanced at the huge fridge in the office.

"After two months, you won't have to keep  takeaways of ice creams in your fridge or chocolates in your drawer" Ike said as the older male blinked his eyes and chuckled.

"Why?" He asked slowly.

"I'll probably be six feet under" Ike replied as he nodded slowly.

"So?" He asked as Ike turned to him and shrugged.

"So? So what?" Ike asked.

"I'm asking you what you are going to do with your last two months" He asked as Ike laughed.

"Is there anything I haven't done, John?" Ike asked as she placed her ice cream beside her.

"And besides I really want to die without regrets" Ike added as she grabbed her box of ice cream again.

"Write a bucket list" John said as Ike raised an eyebrow.

"A bucket list?" Ike asked as John nodded his head.

"Yeah. The things you want to do before you go six feet under" John replied as Ike nodded.

"I want to stay in bed all day, watch BTS videos, listen to good music and die in my sleep" Ike said as John burst into laughter.

"Girl, you still have two months. And that's all you want to do? Two months is really a long time you know. Think about it and write the bucket list later" John said as Ike nodded as she continued scooping the ice cream in her mouth.

"So is your guitar here?" Ike asked as she walked towards the dustbin and dropped the empty bowl of ice cream into the dustbin.

"You want to play?" John asked as Ike nodded.

"Its in the car" John said as he flung a bunch of keys towards Ike who caught it.

"In the back seat" John added as Ike nodded and walked out of the office.

John placed his face into his palm as soon as Ike stepped outside. He closed his eyes for a while before opening them.

"You'll be fine Ike" he whispered into the empty office.

Ike yawned as John drove into the streets of her house. It was late in the evening and the sky had turned orange from the setting sun.

Ike stared at the tall fences of each house as John sped by each one. She barely knew the people living in her streets even after living there for years.

She had remained in John's office throughout the day. Playing guitar and singing, she watched movie after movie ate and slept. John had woken her up and told her he was taking her home.

After her parents or rather Doctor John was the person she was the most comfortable with. She felt at ease with him than with her parents.

Ike would never even forget the first time she had met him. It was when she had just clocked six and Doctor Makinde had recommended a therapist for her.

John was still doing his IT then and Ike was so wary of him. She kept thinking he would ask her questions and try to make her talk but he did none of that. Each time during her sessions, he would just give her snacks and do his thing.

On her own she started opening up to him till she was able to trust him completely and now it had been eleven years. He wasn't just her therapist, he was her best friend; the person who understood her the most.

John stopped in front of the huge black gate and Ike yawned again as she grabbed her bag and her headset from the back seat.

"When is school resuming?" John asked.

"Three days from now" Ike replied as she opened the door.

"Take care of yourself Ike" John hollered as Ike walked into the house. John waited for a while before reversing and driving away.

Ike looked at the huge storey building painted in plain cream. She glanced at the flowers lined up beside the fence and the fountain that served as a roundout in the house.

She looked everywhere as if she was trying to engrave every part of the building into memory but when she was gone would it remember her?

She pushed the front door open and saw her dad arranging the table.

"You are back?" Mr Adeniyi said with a smile as Ike nodded and looked around.

"Where's mom?" Ike asked as Mr Adeniyi opened his mouth to reply when Ike saw her mom walking down the stairs.

"You are back, you didn't tell Doctor John to have dinner with us?" She asked as Ike shook her head.

"I didn't know if you had cooked dinner or not" Ike replied as she stared at her mom. With her red eyes and snotty nose; Ike didn't need anyone to tell her what had happened.

The family of three sat down to eat in silence. Ike quickly packed the plates to the kitchen as soon as they were done eating.

She pushed her room door open and stared at the spacious room. She dropped her bag on the table and fell on the bed as she stared at the ceiling.

Something that was slowly growing an habit out of her. Staring at the ceiling. Sometimes she wondered if staring at the ceiling could answer the questions in her heart.

Her phone rang and Ike quickly stood up to check the caller. Seeing the caller ID, she picked the call.

"Ikeeeeeee" someone from the other line shrieked and Ike laughed.

"What's up Chidi?" Ike asked with a small smile.

"Why didn't you come today? I was expecting you only for Gloria to tell me that you said you said somewhere to go. Not fair at all" Chidima replied and Ike laughed again.

"You'll see me on Monday" Ike said as she wore a small smile.

I CAN'T EVEN IMAGINE HOW IKE'S MOM IS FEELING RIGHT NOW. HOW WOULD SHE BE FEELING WHEN SHE KNEW HER DAUGHTER HAD LESS THAN TWO MONTHS? WHAT PARENT COULD ENDURE THAT?

SO THIS IS MY MESSAGE TO EVERYONE; OUR PARENTS ARE ANNOYING, CLEARLY BUT AT THE SAME TIME; WE ALL KNOW DEEP DOWN IN US THAT THEY LOVE US DEARLY.

THEY MIGHT NOT UNDERSTAND US, MOST OF THEM DON'T BUT THEN, LET'S ALL TRY TO MAKE THE BEST MEMORIES WITH THEM. ITS NOT NECESSARY TO BE A PERFECT CHILD,  JUST BE ONE THAT MAKES THEM FEEL HAPPY FROK TINK  TO TIME.

SO WHY DOES THIS FEEL LIKE I'M TALKING TO MYSELF?  LEMAOO

SO ABOUT THIS BOOK; ITS NOT A LONG BOOK AT ALL. JUST TWENTY SOMETHING CHAPTERS I THINK. I HAVE A LOT TO DO BEFORE SCHOOL RESUME AND SOMEWHAT THANKFUL THAT COVID-19 PUSHED BACK THE RESUMPTION DATE, I HOPE TO FINISH THIS BOOK BEFORE THIS MONTH ENDS OR EVEN SOONER THAN THAT.

THE BOOK TWO OF THE TETs  WILL BE UP IN A BIT SO YOU CAN CHECK FOR IN PROFILE AFTERMATH.