21

A/N

Hiii,

I know: I promised you two endings. And a lot of you asked for them.

And you'll get them, HOWEVER:

This chapter is my original plan - this was never intended to be a long, complicated story with plenty of twists and turns; it is a short story, an obvious and simple yet brilliant one, and so, my plan is as follows:

This is the final chapter of Scrabble. In a few days or so, I will post the Epilogue. This post and my next, are my original endings, as I really do love the scenes I've already written, and I want to share them with you as the true ending. This ending has been in the works for well over a year.

Following the final two posts, since you have all been so, SO patient with me - if the alternate ending is still wanted, with a little more complication and a little more of a surprise/plot twist - I will give it to you! However, I feel like a lot of you will be more satisfied with this ending than you would've expected.

I'm really sorry if this is disappointing, and if it's not what you guys had wished for. I don't want to let anybody down, and if this is received badly, I can always make changes.

Let me know what you think. I love you, as always, and thank you for all your support and patience! here's a veeeery long piece of hard work to make up for it. <3 

-

His breath coaxed over the shell of my ear, lips framing the skin in a gentle pucker. My fingertips drew a smooth line along the pristine shape of his jaw, the skin warm beneath my touch.

"If I could put into words," he breathed against my skin, causing goosebumps to rise over the surface, the low husk of his voice evoking a chill along the length of my spine, "the way it feels to be with you right now-"

"I know," I murmured, feeling his hand shift along the outside of my thigh, and I did. If he was feeling anything close to what I was, I knew how indescribable it was. I was to Harry what a moth was to a flame; I was hooked. 

Harry's lips pressed to my own, his tongue sliding into my mouth, parting my lips with ease. A slight groan rose from my throat, his hand sliding beneath my dress onto my skin, lighting it on fire in his touch. His grip tightened only slightly on my thigh in response to my sound, a silent acknowledgement.

His forehead pressed against mine, his nose nudging my cheek as our kiss broke for a brief moment, my hands threading into his hair.

"I want you so badly," I breathed against his temple, watching his eyes flutter in what seemed like momentary bliss. I thought back to the conversation I'd had with him a few weeks ago; about love. I was sure this was it.

"Mm," he hummed against my skin, drawing back to meet my eye, a triumphant smirk on his lips. The pads of his fingers drew  a slow, tantalisingly gentle line along the skin of my throat, "I'll bite."

Calling the police didn't cross my mind - crazy, isn't it? That instead of running from him, I ran to him. I could have easily taken a step forward into the swarm of officers surrounding Vic's house, and told them my fears. But as wrong as it inevitably was, I needed to see him. I needed to see his face and have Vic's words erased once more; to have him kiss me and chuckle into my neck, and tell me how silly she was for saying such a thing.