Chapter forty five: new and broken

"All I want is nothing more
To hear you knocking at my door"
-song: All I Want by Kodaline
___________________________________

     SHE WANTED everything to be back to normal.

      No, she needed everything to be back to normal.

      Ophelia closed her eyes as she felt the overwhelming feeling of hot tears ink into her eyes as she sat by the window.

      She was in a safe house. With Luna, Ollivander, the golden trio, and a few others. Yes, she was safe, it wouldn't be called a safe house if it wasn't, but she wanted to go home, she wanted to be with Draco.

      She had been crying to much for her liking. Her eyes stung with redness, the gross feeling of dry tears that she had always hated, seemed to be on her cheeks no matter how hard she would scrub, scratch, or picked at her skin. She hated crying. Yet she had been doing it so often over the past months that she had almost gotten used to it.

       "Ophelia?"

      Her eyes flicked open as she turned her head. She gave Luna a weak grin.

      "We should be going soon, are you packed?"

       Ophelia nodded and stood up. Hogwarts. Her real home. She was going back with Luna. She didn't know what to expect sense she hadn't been at all this term.

       She reached down and grabbed her suitcase. "Do you think it will be safe there?" She rasped out as she looked up at Lovegood.

       Luna tilted her head "It's hard to say."

       Ophelia gnawed on her lip and began to walk out of the room.

       The pair made their way out of the tiny house, Ophelia gripping rather hard on her almost light suitcase. She didn't have much with her. She glanced at Harry who was sitting in front of the rock. The rock that had Dobby's name craved into it. 'Fucking Bellatrix.' Ophelia thought as she scrunched up her nose. She liked the elf, she thought he was nice. But of course something rather terrible ruined the nice moment 'Why must all nice things come to an end?' She asked herself. Lestrange killed Dobby. The thought made Woodlock want to throw up. The memory of what had happened just a few days ago sprung into her mind, Dobby with a knife in his chest. The way they all helped bury him, and carve a rock with his name on it.

      "The sky has lost a star." Luna murmured, causing Harry to stand up. "My father used to say that when a child died." She told him. "It's funny how Mr. Dobby knew exactly where to find us."

      "Yeah," Harry mumbled "Funny." He glanced between Ophelia and Luna "Hogwarts?" He asked as he motioned to there bags.

      Ophelia nodded "Yeah."

      "It's not the place you left you know, It's not the same." Potter said.

      "Neither am I." Luna murmured.

      Woodlock looked over at her. Neither am I. She felt the same way. Not only did she looked different but she felt different. Tired, emotional, weak. Her body was bruised, cut, and starved for months. She was traumatized. Ophelia doesn't think she'll ever be the same person that she was back in may.

       Ophelia nodded her head slightly to side, as began to walk past Potter "Bye Harry." She mumbled.

-

      Hogwarts felt different. No it was different. Ophelia noticed how the kids who walk the halls looked fearful and anxious. Hogwarts was safe. When Dumbledore was around.