Chapter 55 - Perfectly imperfect

Semi-edited

I have some serious writer's block, I hope you guys enjoy though.

Remember don't be a silent reader, seeing votes, and comments really give me the motivation to keep going.   

"I don't understand what the problem is?" Chris exclaims, throwing his hands up in the air as he paces our apartment

I messed up, I really did.

When Chris got down on one knee, the only thing I could think about was the fact that he was leaving me.

He's leaving me already, I just got him and he's slipping from my fingers.

"You ran away from me! In the middle of the movie premiere, why the hell would you do that?" he stress, he walks and stands inches from my face.

Tears fall down my cheeks as I try to calm my heart rate.

"You're leaving me already."

Chris frowns and rolls up the sleeves of his dress shirt to his elbows, "I thought you would understand that this is my job-" Before he can continue further I interrupt, my voice firm. "How long ago did you get this job?"

A regretful expression clouds his face as I take a step back, "How long ago?"

"The last filming day of Endlessly I got the call."

My heart feels like it's being stabbed multiple times, I'm not hurt that he's got another acting job.

I'm heartbroken that he's kept this for two-and-a-half months and didn't tell me.

"Say something, let me know what's going on in your head," he pleads, grabbing my face in his enormous hands, he forces me to meet his gaze when I try to move my head away.

"You know why I'm mad?" I pause and grit out, "You kept this from me for months!"

"I didn't want you not to date me because I was going to Italy." He pauses and mumbles under his breath,

"Italy!" I exclaim, pushing his body away from mine, creating some distance.

"That wasn't supposed to come out so suddenly like that," he mumbles disappointed in himself.

"How long?"

My heated gaze meets his regretful one. My heart falls to the pit of my stomach as I see how my reaction is hurting Chris. I know I'm overreacting, but I'm tired of secrets and lies.

"Six months or even more."

I know that leaving will only cause more problems, but I need to go before I say something that I'll regret.

Scoffing, I back up against the door and twist the doorknob. Chris quickly sees my plan of escaping and advances towards me fast and tries to catch me.