(20) Mafia?

Valentina's POV:

I tried sleeping but I just didn't get any. Xander kept playing with my hair which usually gets me to sleep but today it wasn't working.

"I can't sleep", I groan sitting up.

"You should try for some time, you'll be able to", Xavier said sitting up

"No I can't get any and plus if I sleep now then after dinner I won't get any", I say

"Hmm okay, what do you want to do then?", Xander asked

"Um we can watch tv?", I suggest

"Okay let's go", Xavier said and we leave my room going downstairs to the living room.

As we were nearing the living room I heard many voices. Oh probably everyone's in there.

I then heard something which stopped me in my tracks.

"Should we tell her about the mafia?", asked someone.

What?!

They were talking about not telling me now but later and that I will know soon that this is their business. Grandpa said something about me being the mafia princess.

Holy what?

I heard aunt Isabella telling that this is the reason mom wanted me to be safe off.

What does that mean? Mom knew about this? She took me away from this coz of the mafia?

Omg! Mafia?!

I looked at the twins who were staring at each other with wide eyes. Xander looked pissed. I look at them questioningly. They looked speechless.

I decided to walk in and ask what the hell is going on.

"Mafia?", I asked softy not wanting to startle them.

But well they looked startled, scared, shocked, baffled what not.

Everyone was looking at me. My eldest brothers showed no emotion.

As usual

My dad,uncles, aunts and grandparents looked shocked and my brothers looked scared.

Why were they scared?

Dad cleared his throat.

"Umm Valentina weren't you supposed to be asleep?", asked Dad

"Yeah but I didn't get any and figured if I slept now I wouldn't get any at night", I replied

"Ok nice. So what do you want to do?", asked Elijah trying and failing to change the topic.

"Oh I don't know. I might want to know about the mafia thing you were talking about", I say with attitude and pretending to think.

"Val watch the attitude", Ales said pissed

What the fuck is wrong with him?

"Seriously? ..I just come to know that my family is in a mafia and you're calling me out for my attitude", I look at Ales in disbelief.

Dad, Ales and the rest sigh hard in defeat.

"We don't have to talk about this now tesoro. You should relax and we'll tell you everything when you feel better", Dad tried to reason with me.

"I think it's better if we just talk now Dad, if I get a shock why not get it when I'm already in a shock. I mean continued shock is better than altogether new shock right?", I blabber.

Everyone looks at me weirdly. My younger older brothers are stifling their laughs.

"I'm just saying if you don't tell me now I'm just gonna be thinking about it and stress myself", I try to reason