Disclaimer

I would like to begin by emphasizing the nature of this story.

This is a dark romance. This means the following story will entail themes such as violence, foul language, and explicit sex. The characters you read about will also be dark. They will possess villainous qualities and flawed characteristics. If that is something you cannot handle (and that includes refraining yourself from commenting negatively) then don't move forward.

Furthermore, please expect the following in this story:

1. Trigger warnings. Subjects such as abuse, rape, killing. These are meant to assist the theme of this story due to its darker nature. Trigger warnings will not be specified in the chapters that entail these subjects so this is the one and only warning you have going forward.

2. Explicit sex. Sexual content that will involve BDSM and kinks you might not be comfortable reading about. Sexual degradation and using of each other. CNC (consensual non-consensual). Please educate yourselves if you are not familiar with these terms. All sexual acts in this story are CONSENSUAL alongside their dominant/submissive nature. Again, please do your research so that you are not triggered by the nature or mistake it for something else entirely. Please do not kink shame if you find yourself uncomfortable.

3. Anti-hero/Villain male lead. You are not going to read about a hero. You are not going to read about a kind man. That is entirely the point. My experience in the past has been warning readers they are going to read about an anti-hero only to have them complaining through the entire book that he is not a good person. Please don't choose to read a story that has fucked up people and then complain about how fucked up they are. Make your peace now that these characters will test your patience, and choose not to tear down the author for simply writing an authentic character.

It's not my intention to scare or freak you out. It's just I haven't had the best experience writing dark romance on this app because everyone wants a cliché. I've never been the kind of author that writes clichés and I'm very tired of constantly defending myself. Moving forward I am extremely proud of this story, and I just want your positivity so I can remain proud. It would really mean a lot to me.

This is all I can do at this point. There will be people who will ignore my warnings and this disclaimer and disregard the age limit. There will be people who will comment shitty things cause, well, people are assholes. But I have done my part and I can't control anything else.

On a lighter note, I hope you enjoy this story. It is going to be a fucked up ride but not one that will try to justify the horrors I've mentioned above. At this point I ask you all to trust me to deliver a dark romance that truly comes together in the end. I hope you love this story as much as I loved writing it. Thank you.

— Amber Isabelle