xci. father dearest

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑵𝑰𝑵𝑬𝑻𝒀 𝑶𝑵𝑬
❝ 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒅𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒕 ❞

╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

THE LATE NIGHT WIND OF Rohan hits Vera's slim physique gracefully as if it had parted its pathways just for her

THE LATE NIGHT WIND OF Rohan hits Vera's slim physique gracefully as if it had parted its pathways just for her. It continues off to the side aggressively but the mermaid standing in the face of it did not feel the harsh coolness of the breeze, and instead only perceives the sweet air floating towards her. Nevertheless, being outside her tent, under the glow of the ever-so-beautiful and luminescent moon, soothed Vera and her tender feä.

It was not long after her conversation — or heated discussion, for use of better words — with Neptune ended before Vera is exiting the tent once more, deciding to use the rest of her night to bask in the glory of the ethereal moon. Vera had everything under control now that she had spoken to Legolas and Neptune about whatever it is that troubles them, and she did not feel the urgent need to do something with her time in order to distract herself from the oncoming battle.

Previously, Vera felt like she had to do something...now, all is well, and she just has to sit down and wait for a fight she will not be fighting in. She did not like it at all. 

And to, unfortunately, add to it, Vera also had to sit down and watch as her friends and family — and her Kingdom, while she is at is — go into war with endless amounts of darkness and Uruk-hai and evil.

Vera did not know how Arwen or Èowyn or other Queens and Princesses did it; the anticipation and the hopeless thoughts already entering her mind of worry and anxiety is enough to cause distress for the brunette, and she is not fighting in the war itself. She feels horrible but she knows she cannot possibly do anything about it because she had made a promise to herself and to Legolas. Vera now learns that waiting around and doing nothing while expecting the worst is literally the most painful experience she will ever do, especially as someone who is built to fight. 

Despite all this, Vera knows she has no other option. 

Not only did she swear an oath to the father of her child and her brother, but she had committed a vow to herself as well. There will be no danger to come to her or the baby as long as she can help it, for she had been able to think back to her past self; the self who would do anything to protect her family no matter the pain she will experience herself, the self who would do anything to save her friends no matter the gutwrenching sorrow she will feel, and the self who will go to the ends of the earth for her Kingdom's safety. 

She is still, and will always, be that person.

Vera knows that she has to shield this baby from any sort of pain, so participating in a battle when she does not know the stakes is not the way to go. Besides, she is not going to risk everything just to fill herself with a thrill.