12

Fifteen minutes later, we were all inside of a train cart heading towards an abandoned fairground while Four explained that we were going to play a game.

"The game's simple. It's like Capture the Flag."

Eric stood next to him and pulled a few guns out of a duffle bag. "Weapon of choice."

"You call that a gun?" A tall red-headed girl asked mockingly. I think her name was Molly.

In response, Eric glared at her and used one of the guns to shoot her in the leg. Molly gasped in pain and fell to the ground while everyone else's expression turned into shock and some tried to help the girl back up.

"Neuro-stim dart. Simulates the pain of a real wound. Only lasts a few minutes." He continued explaining. "Two teams. Four and I are captains."

Eric went first and chose Liam. Four picked Tom and then it was Eric's turn again.

"Eliza." His voice was commanding and all of the nicety from yesterday was gone. I really wondered what his damn problem was.

He kept staring at me while I made my way over to his side of the train cart and only averted his eyes after Four's voice brought him back to reality.

The two leaders finished picking their teammates and I ended up being in the same team as Kate which made me very happy.

About 10 minutes later we arrived at our destination and jumped off the moving train, as usual. Both teams spread out and tried to come up with a plan on where to hide their flag.

A tall blonde guy from our team spoke up first. "What if we don't hide the flag and one of us just keeps it with them at all times?"

"And what if that person gets shot or captured? That's way too risky."

"What about that barn? We could put it in there." Kate suggested.

As everyone kept discussing attack strategies and what to do with the flag, I decided to get a better look at our surroundings.

I turned around and walked towards the big ferries wheel which was right behind us. That would do.

Soon, I noticed that I was being followed but I already knew who's heavy steps that were, so I didn't bother to turn around and just kept going.

I started climbing up the ladder attached to the framework of the ferries wheel while I heard the metal screeching underneath my feet.

After a while, my muscles started to burn and my hands grew tired from holding on to the cold rungs. This was harder than I'd expected but I didn't stop until I was almost at the top.

"You don't have to follow me." I looked down to see Eric climbing up to me and soon he was sitting next to me gazing over the fairground.

"You're not gonna jump, are you?" He looked down at the ground with a cocky smirk on his face.

"No, I just want to get a good vantage point. You can leave now." I said coldly. I really did not want to be around him right now.

For a second he almost looked hurt by that but then his expression turned cold again.

"Hey! I was just trying to help you and don't try to order me around." He was getting angry but so was I.

"Well, I don't want your help and besides, what the hell is up with you? First, you're mean and unapproachable, then you suddenly start acting nicely and it's almost fun to be around you and then you just go back to being cold and ruthless again?! I really can't put up with your mood swings." I let out an annoyed sigh running my cold hand through my messy hair.