- 𝟖𝟒

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

     THE FIVE had finally reached yellow intersection point. behind the wall, rick and michonne set off the flares catching the attention of the walkers so they wouldn't wander off into the woods. daryl rotated the bike, slowing a bit. the girl put her feet down to stabilize herself.

     "are they coming?" rosaline asked, checking behind her. there were so many.

     he nodded, "seems like it. flares are catchin' their attention."

     "rhaegar!" she called to the dog. that signaled him to be louder, cause more noise with his constant yapping and howling. the walkers kept their interest on them. for the time being.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

     it was time for the preparations to begin. at a distance, rosaline worked on putting the metal down into piles. they were going to make a wall at an intersection to divert the horde another way. the plan had to work.

     daryl gave her a small pat as he walked past, "i'm gonna speak to rick."

     "okay." she gave him a thumbs-up, watching as he approached their leader.

     he was going to speak to him about the stop of recruiting more people. the marksman knew they needed more people to join them to increase their strength. stopping that was going to make them weaker if any people were to die.

     the man only wanted what was best for the group and he was willing to stand up to rick for it. after all, their family was here and they needed everything that could work to keep them alive. however, he wasn't going to make rick to change his decision. it was just a request.

     in the past few days, rosaline had taken the time to go out with daryl into the woods to give him some time to adjust to being outside again. he had admitted to her that the walls made him feel like he was caved in and being in the wild made him feel more like himself.

     she understood and supported his decision. daryl was like a wolf. he was just meant to be out there in the wild.

     through the time they spent together, he managed to teach her the basics of tracking herself. if she were to ever not have rheagar with her - that'd become vital for her if she wanted to find her way back to someone or search for something.

     during the night when they returned home, rosaline had finally decided to share who'd gave her the same nickname that daryl calls her.

    "you know when i told you someone used to call me the same exact nickname you did?" she mentioned, putting another shirt on, replacing it with the dirty one she'd been wearing all day.