92

"Hellooooo...earth to Violet?" Aisha said as she waved her hand in front of my face. "Sorry." I said as I came back to reality.

It's been a couple days since the guys and I went to the Biltmore. I haven't been able to sleep very well because my mind was constantly racing, trying to comprehend what we went through.

Every time I would go to sleep I would have the same nightmare. Me getting trapped in the elevator, it crashing, me seeing Daisy, her killing my parents, but them turning into Sam and Colby.

It terrified me.

"You look tired, are you doing okay?" Aisha asked as I grabbed my water bottle. "Yeah, just having a hard time sleeping." I said then took a sip of water as my pager went off.

I silently thanked the universe for pulling me away from this conversation because I was too tired to try and explain why I've been having sleeping issues.

I closed my water bottle then shut my pager off so I could go to the room I needed to go to. I painted a smile on my face then grabbed my cart and walked into the room.

"Hi, my name is Violet. I'm gonna check on that heart of yours." I said as the middle aged man scoffed. "YOU'RE doing the scan?" He asked as I tried desperately to not roll my eyes.

He was one of those patients.

"Yep! I'm gonna do it." I said and started to set up the machine. "Great. I get Malibu Barbie to tell me if I'm gonna die or not." He grumbled as I forced a smile on my face.

"My name is Violet." I repeated as he rolled his eyes. "I heard you, doll face." He said condescendingly as I silently set the machine up. I wasn't in the mood to deal with this kind of energy but it was my job so I had to just suck it up.

"Okay, just lay back for me." I instructed as he stared at me blankly. "You're seriously gonna do the scan?" He asked as I raised my brows. "Yes, unless you want to possibly die from a heart murmur because you care more about the gender of the person running your test." I snapped as his eyes widened. "Get me another nurse." He said as I scoffed.

"There is no other nurse. It's me or you go home." I said as he rolled his eyes. "Fine. Don't mess it up." He said then laid back. I did the test as fast as I could then reviewed his results. "Yep. You have a murmur. I'll send in Dr. Locke." I said then packed up my stuff and left the room.

"Hey! I was just looking for you." Sophia said as I made my way back to the equipment room. "What's up?" I asked and brushed a stray hair behind my ear. "First off, are you okay? You look frazzled." She said as I sighed. "Just dealt with a rude patient, I'll live. What's up?" I asked again as I plugged in my equipment cart.

"Oh! I was just gonna ask you to do your rounds then head out." Sophia said as I nodded. "Will do." I said then stretched my arms. "You doing okay?" Sophia asked as we walked down the hallway again. "Yeah, just a little tired." I said and grabbed one of the charts hanging on the wall. "Try to get some rest when you get home. I'll see you on Thursday." She said then parted ways with me.

I went through and did my rounds then grabbed my stuff and went to my car to go home. As soon as I got in the car I felt the exhaustion hit me. I knew it probably wasn't the safest to drive with how exhausted I was but I wanted to get home.

I decided to call Colby so he could keep me awake while I drove. It rang a couple times before going to his voicemail. I groaned slightly but started my car anyways. I knew he was probably just busy which was fine, he didn't have to be at my beck and call at every moment of the day.

I still didn't want to drive without talking to someone so I went through my phone and searched my contacts.

"Hello?" Ki answered as I started to drive home. "Hey!! Long time no talk. How are you?" I said as she chuckled. "Bro. Life is so annoying." She said as I nodded. "Tell me about it." I said and tapped my fingers on my steering wheel. "So what's been going on? How's LA? Are you still with Colby?" Ki asked as I brought my hand to my chest, tracing the scar that was raised on my skin.