Twin Telepathy

17 years ago...

   Reginald sat comfortably in his chair as he intently watched the children sleeping on the screen before him, recording his observations.

   "The twins appear to have similar abilities," Reginald began as he spoke directly into the tape recorder.

   "Whereas Number 4 has an enhanced connection to the dead, Number 8 had an enhanced connection to the living.

   Their powers seemingly mirror one another. This also brings some explanation to their seemingly shared dreams.

   The twins appear to have similar night terrors. It's almost as if they are tapping into the other's dream and experiencing it with them. Remarkable.

   Perhaps when trained properly, their connection could amplify both of their abilities..."

Present day

   "Ellie, Ellie, wake up." A voice called as it shook Eleanor gently.

   Eleanor merely groaned in response as she kept her eyes closed, still recovering from the chaos of last night.

   "Come on, you have to wake up." The voice said once more and this time Eleanor could tell that it was Allison.

   "Please, just let me sleep. My head hurts." Eleanor admitted.

   Allison sighed before trying to wake her sister once more.

   "Okay, okay, I'm up." Eleanor slowly rose from the bed as she blindly reached for a pill bottle on her nightstand.

   "I thought you stopped taking your medicine. You didn't like how it messed with your powers on missions." Allison remembered as she looked at the girl, worriedly.

   "I did stop, but after my accident, the headaches got worse. Besides, I'm not going on a mission anytime soon." Eleanor said vaguely before getting up off the bed.

   "So what can I for ya, Allie?" Eleanor asked as she grabbed some clothes from her dresser.

   "There's something I need to show you." Allison began and from the sound of her voice, Eleanor knew that it was important.

   The sisters made their way into the art room to find Luther sitting beside Grace, more specifically, Grace's dead body.

   "But, I just saw her yesterday. How?" Eleanor asked heartbroken as tears filled her eyes.

   "The two guys last night, the ones with the masks, they did this to her." Allison explained sadly.

   "It has to do with Five somehow. I mean they were looking for him." Allison thought aloud as Eleanor looked away.

   "I know I was arguing to turn Grace off, but it doesn't make seeing her like this any easier." Luther admitted and Eleanor moved to place a comforting hand on his shoulder.

   "Poor Diego. I mean, this is gonna be so hard on him." Allison said and Eleanor could feel her heart break for him.

   Everyone knew how close Diego and Grace were. He was the definition of a 'mamma's boy.' Grace was the one who helped him overcome his stutter and gave him what their father never could...love.