- 𝟖𝟓

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

     THE TIRES of the motorcycle screeched to a halt. rhaegar dropped to the ground trying to catch his breath. daryl grasped the radio in his hand, trying to listen in to what was happening to rick. he called his name several times but received no answer, the marksman dropped his head.

     rosaline placed a hand on her forehead, "what's going on back there? does he need help?"

     "i don't know rosa, but we gotta follow his instructions and get back." he shrugged then turned to the german shepherd on the floor after a few minutes, "i'm sorry bud but you're gonna have to pull through for one last sprint."

     they continued on with the road, faster than before. rhaegar was barely keeping up, but trying his best. he was falling behind.

     "he can't keep going like that. we need him to put him in the car." she sighed, turning on the radio, "you two, roll down the window for rhaegar. he needs a rest."

     "got it, boss," abraham replied, sliding it down.

     rosaline pointed to the car and he made one last break, hopping through the opening and laying down in the backseat with a grateful bark.

     she nodded, "thanks."

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

     "all right." sasha's voice resonated within the radio.

     daryl picked his radio up, "that's twenty?"

     "it will be. six forty-two is a mile ahead." she confirmed, "we gotta put distance between us and them before the turnoff."

     "so floor it." abraham suggested.

     "rosa." daryl nudged her with his elbow slightly seeing as her head was lolling to the side as if she wasn't awake, "you had any sleep last night at all? you're about to fall off."

     she opened her eyes, picking her head up off his back. the young woman hadn't realized she'd been dozing off, "not really." she admitted shamefully.

     her boyfriend let out a sigh stopping them, "go in the car. if anything you'll be with sasha and abraham."

     "alright." rosaline nodded.

     truthfully, she hadn't been in the mood to argue about it and daryl was right. however, she just couldn't seem to get a minute of rest the day before. exhaustion was catching up to her now.

     abraham poked his head out the window, "you joining the party?"

     the girl laughed slightly, jogging up to the door climbing in, "sure."

     "hop in then."

     the marksman rotated himself around giving them a look, "alright we're gonna hit the gas. try to keep up."