~47~

Brighid walked out of the parking lot and into the main courtyard where she saw Jake waiting.

"Hey" she muttered.

"Hey" he muttered back.

The two causally talked about Jenny and who was going to take care of her over the weekend.

"Did you want to watch her this weekend?" Jake asked. Brighid was hesitant. She knew her father wouldn't be pleased and she didn't want to cause any more tension and stress to the house. Nor did she want to be the reason he had another heart attack.

"Give it a couple more weeks. My dad should come around. I know he will" Brighid sighed.

"Whatever. You know Brig you wanted this responsibility. You can't just flake" Jake said slightly angry. Brighid understood where he was coming from. She just wish he knew where she was coming from.

"I'm not flaking" Brighid said trying to reason with him.

"You're not committing either" Jake countered. He grabbed his bag off the table and stood up.

"Jake come on" Brighid called out as he strutted off.

"Now, tell me that's your boyfriend. Or better yet your ex?" Felix asked walking up next to Brighid. They both watched Jake walk away.

"Ex I guess" Brighid muttered walking away. Felix chased after her.

"Great then I won't have to fight him for a date" Felix said. Brighid stopped walking.

"A date?"

"Yeah tonight. Watch the meteor shower together" Felix continued. Brighid scoffed at the idea.

"So no date then, just friends with benefits maybe?" Felix proposed with a raised eyebrow.

"Look you seem, decent, and all but I'm not looking to date anyone"

"No you just need to let off some 'steam' if you know what I mean" Felix continued.

Brighid remained quiet.

"Oh I get it. You're a virgin"

"That's not it" Brighid laughed. "Fine, since you won't leave me alone. Meteor shower tonight. That's it!"

"Great pick you up at 7" Felix said flashing a big smile. Brighid shook her head mad at what she agreed to before walking to class.
———
Later that night she was standing by the door making sure her hair was in place.

"Going out?" Dan asked as he walked up the stairs from the family room.

"Yeah" Brighid responded.

A car light flashed through the window and Dan instantly recognized the car from the other day.

"Have fun" he said flashing a smile. He was pleased to see Brighid with someone else.

"Bye dad" Brighid said as she walked out the front door. She run up to the car and slid into the passenger seat.

"Hey, you look nice" Felix commented.

"Hold the compliments" Brighid sassed. He laughed before pulling out of the driveway.

"You live in a nice house"

"Yeah, just moved back in. Use to live with my dad at the beach house but now we are all one big happy family. Minus Nathan and minus the happiness of course" Brighid explained. Felix pulled into a spot at the local park. The two sat on the grass looking up at the sky.

"Well maybe less talking and more kissing" Felix whispered grabbing Brighid's face in his hands. Brighid not wanting to pull away continued to the kiss. The two grasped for air.

"So about that friends with benefits?" Felix asked again. Brighid looked at him.

"I'm going to regret this later" Brighid muttered. "Condoms always and strictly platonic"

Felix had an evil grin appear on his face. He got up from the grass and grabbed Brighid's hand dragging her to his car.

"Here?" Brighid asked shocked.

Felix unbuttoned his pants before sliding into the car. Brighid followed after him.