Uncle Regulus

SIRIUS AND SOLIS WAS OUT

SIRIUS AND SOLIS WAS OUT. Probably spending their time together without the kids. They of course left their two children in the hand of Regulus Black — who actually offered to babysit.

"Lyra, darling, please don't jump on the sofa." He picked the 4-year-old girl. She's a very active child like her father was. "Leo, let's get your sister to bed yeah?"

"She's a tough one but don't worry, I have the solution." Leo said smartly.

"What? So, what the- what should I do?" He almost cursed. Maybe he shouldn't have his own kids. But then again this is Sirius' genes.

"Sing her a really sleepy lullaby and tell her a story."

"You really think it will work?"

"Trust me uncle Reggie." The boy smiled. The 7-year-old boy is very calm most of the times unlike his sister.

Regulus picked up the small girl in his arms and took her to the bedroom. He placed her on top of the bed. Gently tucking her in. He only knows one lullaby — he heard it once somewhere.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine,

You make me happy when skies are grey.

You'll never know, dear, how much I love you,

Please don't take my sunshine away.

The other night, dear, as I lay sleeping,

I dreamt I held you in my arms.

When I awoke, dear, I was mistaken,

So I hung my head, and I cried.

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine,

You make me happy when skies are grey.

You'll never know, dear, how much I love you,

Please don't take my sunshine away.

I'll always love you and make you happy,

If you will only say the same.

But if you leave me to love another,

You'll regret it all one day.

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine,

You make me happy when skies are grey.

You'll never know, dear, how much I love you,

Please don't take my sunshine away.

Please don't take my sunshine away."

The girl was getting sleepy, but still awake nevertheless. Regulus proceed to do step two. Telling her a bedtime story. He decided to tell her story of 'The Fountain of Fair Fortune' a classic story from the Tales of Beedle the Bard book. Not even 5 lines in, the girl slept like a baby.

Regulus went back downstairs quietly to his nephew. Since he's older, he was given a bit longer curfew. The Uncle remembered a glimpse of his childhood. There was a very strict curfew given to him and Sirius. After dinner, they had to stay inside of their rooms. But, of course the little boys always played around without their parents knowing. He smiled to that memory. Last thing he heard of his parents were Orion's death from chicken pox, years ago and Walburga died earlier this year — an unknown cause. They died while in hiding. Nobody came to the funeral.

"Leo." Regulus called out.

"Yes Uncle?"

"Do you need anything?"

"Not really. I just miss mummy and daddy." The older Black chuckled.

"They'll be back pretty late. What do you want to do before sleep?"

"How about a story?"

"What story would you like to hear?"

"You."

"Me?" He confusedly asked.

"Daddy always said that my middle name is the same as yours. Because you are brave. I want to know the story."

Regulus chuckled. "My life's pretty boring. I used to feel so trapped. Suffocated."

"How?" The boy asked not understanding the context. Regulus chuckled.

"But, I did save your daddy and mummy a couple of times. I'm stronger than him."

"You are?"

"Of course. You know superheroes right? The muggle ones." Being around muggles these days, increases his knowledge.

"Yes."

"I'm like that."

"You're like Batman?" Solis did taught him many muggle things.

Regulus Black didn't know who Batman is or why there is a mutation between a bat and a man but agreed nevertheless. "Yes. Like Batman."

"You're so cool, Uncle Reggie."

"Cool?" Must be muggle terms.

"It means wicked! Mummy taught me that word."

The front door opened, revealing the husband and wife back home.

"Back early?" Regulus asked.

"It was crowded, so we decided to go home." Sirius replied.

"Lyra's asleep. Just Leo here." He informed.

"I'll take you to bed." Sirius told Leo and the boy nodded in agreement. The father took the son away to bed leaving his brother and wife alone.

"Thank you so much Reg, for taking care of the kids. Hope they're not too much of a bother." Solis thanked him.

"I love the kids. You know that."

"They love you too." Solis said, "You should come more often. They always ask me about their uncle Reggie."

"I will then." A short silence emitted the room.

Regulus proceed to say, "Thank you for being here. If it weren't for you, Sirius would probably be a mess. You're a great wife and an amazing mother."

"Thank you Reg. That's really nice of you."

"I better leave."

"Already?"

"Yeah. It's getting late, I don't want to apparate with sleepiness."

"Alright. Take care. I'll tell Sirius you left."

"Good night."

"Good night."

With that Regulus went outside and apparate back to his own apartment. The Grimmauld Place was sold as soon as they inherited it. They didn't need that wretched old house that only reminds them of bad things. Now, Regulus can have a normal life of his own. He looked at the dark mark in his arm. It's in the past now. Voldemort is dead. The empty hole inside of him is now filled with bliss. Spending time with his family makes him happy.
Regulus Black is finally free.

Author's note:
I love uncle reggie ugh😭 but that's it. Close of chapter. Thank you for reading my book!