73. See You Soon Wifey

_____________________

.

.

.

It was five in the evening and Mateo, River, Alessia, the twins, Susan and Lilith were in tarmac of Amalfi airport. And there was a pout on River's face which she just couldn't shake off.

"We will come back, you know." Mateo came to stand next to her. "And I will show you around the whole place, and the whole of Italy if you want me to."

River turned to him and gave him a flat look. And he knew exactly what she was about to say so he quickly put his hands up and said, "I know you are fully capable of doing it. I am just saying I would tag along if you let me."

River looked at the whole of him and burst out laughing - this man was the cutest dumb-ass she had ever met. And to think that the universe had linked them both together through two beautiful children was really heart warming. She thought she was one of the luckiest people out there.

"Alright, we are ready!" Alessia exclaimed as the door opened and the flight attendants took their spots to welcome the passengers.

"She still gets excited on flights." Mateo shook his head smiling as the couple watched the attendants first help Lilith in followed by Susan and Alessia who were helping the kids up with them.

River looked at Mateo and sighed. "Here we go again."

Mateo chuckled and gave her a side hug. "It's not that bad, is it?" He asked. "Life as the baby mama of a Sicilian Capo."

River gave him a flat look. "As much as I am happy that you are the father of our children, I don't think I will ever get used to the fact that you are in the Italian Mafia."

Mateo gave her a thoughtful look and shrugged. "What do you mean? You look like you are already completely used to it."

River raised a brow, wondering if he actually meant it. But she couldn't respond with anything because her train of thoughts were interrupted by Alessia's loud voice.

"You know the jet isn't a no-talk zone right?" She yelled from the door. "You could continue your conversation after you board?"

The couple looked over at her and then at each other and nodded. They needed to board.

"Unless you people are having a very inappropriate conversation that you don't want us hearing." Alessia chuckled. "Though you could do it in the bedroom. Among other things."

River's eyes widened and she hurried up the stairs with every intention of whacking her friend across her head. Alessia giggled and disappeared, knowing very well that with her twins were the safest place for her to be right then.

"She and Adam are so much alike." River frowned as the two sat down and put on their seatbelts.

"I know. I sort of ship them." Mateo confessed to River, though he wouldn't be found dead admitting it to anyone else.

"Me too." She whisper-yelled.

Mateo gave her a smile.

The announcements came about the take-off, and River looked over at Mateo when she felt his hand on her.

"Who takes the window seat when they are acrophobic?" She mumbled, her eyes falling on her daughter who was clutching her brother's hand. "Except you and your daughter." She shook her head.

Mateo peeked at his daughter and a smile appeared on his face as he looked over at River. "We have perfect children."

"We do." She smiled.

.

.

.

They were back in New York. Yay.

'Though Italy was beautiful, there was nothing like breathing in the air of the city you were raised and lived your whole life in.' River thought to herself as she smiled, taking in a deep breath.

They were at the tarmac of the airport next to Mateo's private jet.

Lilith was filing into the car which would take them to their family house while Alessia, the twins and River were to go to Mateo's place in New York.

And Mateo was going to join Adam, Leonardo and Ricardo in Wyoming to deal with the situation that had messed up everything, but also provided some major sort of comfort.

And Sebastian, Alison, Jacqueline and Mia were still vacationing. They said they would be back next week.

"Take care." Susan said as she gave her kid a side hug, squeezing her arm.

"You too, Mom." River smiled at her and they walked towards the car where the babies were in Mateo's arms, saying their goodbyes to their GG.

"Visit us, now that everything is alright." Lilith said as she held her grand daughter's arms, pressing her lips to her wild curly hair as she bent down.

"We will." River promised. She missed the home she had grown up in.

"And you take care of yourself, my grandchild and great grandchildren, young man." Lilith pointed at Mateo who chuckled as he nodded.

River waved as the car drove off and turned back to the rest of her family- her babies and baby daddy.

"We will miss you Papa!" Kiara said as she hugged Mateo while Lucas waited patiently for his chance.

"I will miss you too princess." He placed a kiss on her forehead.

She stepped back and Lucas stepped forward.

"Take care of everyone while I am away, okay big boy?" Mateo asked as he pulled up Lucas' hood on to his head.

Lucas nodded but then shook his head.

"You won't?" Mateo looked surprised.

"I will. I will protect Mommy, Ki and Zia. But I am not a big boy Papa, I am Mommy's little baby!" Lucas said earnestly.

'My little prince!' River pouted. She realized he was saying that because he remembered the conversation the two of them had about how River would grow old when he becomes a big boy.

Mateo looked up at River and gave her a questioning look, wondering what she had told their boy that he was addressing himself as the baby he always protested he wasn't.

River just shrugged and then winked at him, who pursed his lips to suppress his chuckle as he shook his head.

The kids hugged their papa again and so did Alessia before they made their way to the car.

Mateo walked over to River and grabbed both her hands. She looked up at him, staring into those caramel orbs, intense and deep as always.

"Miss me." He said, a smirk already in place.

"You wish." River rolled her eyes, refraining a chuckle at the childish pout forming on his face.

"Trust me, you will." He placed a chaste kiss on her forehead, pulling her closer as he did.

River narrowed her eyes at him though she could feel her cheeks heat up. And he could see that too because his smirk had just gotten wider.

"See you soon wifey."

.

.

.

__________________________